Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > Special Forums > Cutting Machines - chat, help. templates > Cutting Machine Chat

Notices

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Owner of Janome MC9900 & Brother ScanNCut
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (1)
    I emailed MTC last night to ask if it works on a mac this is their reply.

*******Currently our Mac version only cuts to the Klic-n-Kut machines -- we are working on mac support...*******

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (25)
    Oh that's a shame.

View Gallery

i know i will have to look into the cameo a bit more, but just had a glimmer of hope as despite having had an email reply from pazzles live chat saying they don't have software, I've had a message from someone who works for them saying its close.

so it seems as though one hand doesn't know what the other is doing. so will have to wait and see.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (10)
    I am sure it worked with Pazzel Ashley So sorry if I misled you. that wasn't my intention
    Tina craft robo

I was rich before I found scrapbooking! Pooch's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (3)
    I bought a cameo in December and it works with my macbook - there is an option to download the mac software (I've just updated my software tonight too so I know it's there!). I am loving the cameo!
    Kirsty
    x

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by silverst170 View Post
    I am sure it worked with Pazzel Ashley So sorry if I misled you. that wasn't my intention
    Apparently MTC does work with the Pazzel's Tina but not on a Mac

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by silverst170 View Post
    hi, its fine no problem as I've not really use my machine in over a year i am out of sync with what machines and what software is available. I've been waiting for pazzles to develop their mac software.

the options seem to be to carry on waiting or sell and buy another machine and the reason i asked about the cameo was i thought i had heard somewhere that it worked with mac.

will have to see what happens

View Gallery

The Cameo definitely works with a Mac. If you want to try the software you can download it from here

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    I have a Pazzles as well as the Cameo and use both Mac laptop and windows (XP) desktop for both machines. I also have Make the Cut which will work with both of those cutting machines.

The MTC does have a Mac version (with a plug in) and you can work on the software on your Mac however you CANNOT cut to the machines from the Mac version of MTC software. You can download a trial version of MTC to try it out from the MTC website. You can also download the Studio software and try that out before you get your machine.
    If you want to use your Mac and MTC to cut to your Pazzles or Cameo you would have to partition your Mac and install windows to part of your Mac then you could cut.

I use the Mac software to create or play with a design and then save the file to my Dropbox and transfer it to my Windows PC ( which is in my craft room) for cutting on either the Cameo or Pazzles... or both!. My windows PC is on its last legs but when it finally dies I will get an iMac and partition it.

The Cameo software does have a Mac version and works and cuts from the Mac. . You would not need to install windows to use the Cameo software.You cant use the Cameo software for the Pazzles machine

MTC are working on a Mac version to use with the Pazzles but its not likely to be available in the very near future from what the Pazzles forums say.
    Hope this helps
    Last edited by cariad_1; 26-01-2014 at 03:58 PM.

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Have you looked at 'Bootcamp' which is part of the Mac operating system? You install Windows onto Bootcamp then, when you start the computer you can choose to start it in Mac mode or Windows mode.

Not sure of the details but if you live near a Mac store maybe they could advise you?

Lesley

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (10)
    Quote Originally Posted by stressed View Post
    hi, its fine no problem as I've not really use my machine in over a year i am out of sync with what machines and what software is available. I've been waiting for pazzles to develop their mac software.

the options seem to be to carry on waiting or sell and buy another machine and the reason i asked about the cameo was i thought i had heard somewhere that it worked with mac.

will have to see what happens

I am really surprised you know about all machine software manufacturers as Apple mac is really well known now as most people would choose Apple mac over any other brand I know I would.... and they didn't think to supply cutting machine softwares for it.... Not good is it really
    Tina craft robo

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

I agree Tina.
    Given most people in the field of art/graphics/photography have favoured Macs for many years you'd think these software producers would make Mac versions for the cutting machines.

Thats the beauty of the Studio program... its works exactly the same on a Mac and PC systems

View Gallery

Yes, Silhouette Studio (free) and Design Studio (not free) from Silhouette America both work with a Cameo and are available for the Mac. I have a MacBook Pro and the original Silhouette, and Silhouette Studio works beautifully with it.

View Gallery

Hi thanks all I am thinking now about the brother scan n cut, the main reason being I don't need to be connected to anything to cut.

My mac is in my office and they have online software all be it simple so I could design online and download to a USB.

I understand that the machine does however have facilities to design on board, by that I mean weld shapes etc and make shaped cards so no connectivity needed at all.

Still thinking about what to do I've not used my cutter in ages as been sewing a lot but I can see how the scan n cut would work with both my sewing and any future card making projects, so it's looking favourable at the moment. I am having a clear out of craft stuff at the moment things to sell stuff I've not used in ages cuttlebug, Cuttlekids, dies etc may add the Pazzles to it Thanks

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (59)
    Apparently there is a new Pazzles machine imminent - the Inspiration Vue. The software is Mac compatible, according to the Pazzles site. And it has an optical eye for Print & Cut.
    : o 0 PETRA 0 o :
    August 2013 week 1 challenge
    July 2013 1 x SLO= 10 points