Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > Special Forums > Cutting Machines - chat, help. templates > Cutting Machine Chat

Notices

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)

Converting a file from Cameo library to import into ScanNCut canvas

I've started to get to grips with the scan n cut canvas on the Brother USA site and most of it is making sense but I haven't the first idea how to convert the files I have in my Cameo library into a format that will import onto the canvas via a memory stick. Can anyone help me please?! Most programs I've come across have "Export As" on the file drop down menu but the Cameo hasn't so I'm stumped. If it's a case of exporting the file to Inkscape first (I think I've read that somewhere) I don't know how to do that either and was hoping there was a simpler way!! I know I could simply print the image I want from the Cameo and then scan it in and I would be happy to do that but I feel there must be a more direct way of doing things. Many thanks.
    Jez xx

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (25)
    You can take a screenshot and save it as a jpg or png if those can be used with Canvas.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (2)
    I don't think there is any way to export a studio file other than save it as a svg if you have the designer edition and either version 1.9 or 2 of Studio.

View Gallery

I haven't got the designer edition so this must be why I can't either do a screen shot or save a file as svg. Thank you both for the replies.
    Jez x

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by jez View Post
    I haven't got the designer edition so this must be why I can't either do a screen shot or save a file as svg. Thank you both for the replies.
    Jez x
    You don't need the DE to do a screenshot Jez, you can save the screen shot as a JPG if the Canvas can work with that format,. If you have W7 or W8 yoiu can use the snipping tool to take a screen shot.

View Gallery

Jez x
    Jez if you have Windows Vista or above there is a snip tool in Accessories. I always use that instead of a screen shot.

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Neries View Post
    Jez if you have Windows Vista or above there is a snip tool in Accessories. I always use that instead of a screen shot.
    Snap Margaret although I didn't know it was in Vista too

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by DJG View Post
    Snap Margaret although I didn't know it was in Vista too
    I have been using it for ages since someone on the forum posted it works with Vista as well as the then new Windows 7.

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Neries View Post
    I have been using it for ages since someone on the forum posted it works with Vista as well as the then new Windows 7.
    I always use it too (I've got W8.1) but as I've never had Vista I didn't know it was included with that too

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

I would have done the same as the others and taken a screen shot. I'm still using Windows XP in my craft room and I downloaded some freeware called 'screen capture' and its great for resizing so you just capture the shape. patterns you want.

View Gallery

Thank you Doreen and Neries . I had no idea about the snipping tool and it works. Easy when you know how! Thank you everyone for your help too.
    Jez x
    Last edited by jez; 27-01-2014 at 12:49 AM. Reason: Wrong names

View Gallery

Thank you Doreen and Neries . I had no idea about the snipping tool and it works. Easy when you know how! Thank you everyone for your help too.
    Jez x
    You're welcome Jez

View Gallery

Hello again.
    I have my Scan n cut now and have been following Johns blog and comments. I asked the same question about being able to take a file from Cameo to use with Scan n Cut. It can be done this way. With the chosen file on the Cameo screen, change the lines from red to black by clicking the line button, top right. Then make the line thicker, click on line type, top right. The file will now print which can be direct scanned into the machine or you can save it as a jpeg and then use the trace function on Brother ScanNCut Canvas, the online facility, which will change it into the right file type for the machine. The Canvas is found on the American Brother site. I hope this helps. The ScanNCut, for me is fantastic because I mostly cut fabric and it does this beautifully as well as being excellent for paper, card and numerous other mediums. it has limitations and this is where the Cameo has the edge but I must say I'm really pleased with all the results so far.

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Hello again.
    I have my Scan n cut now and have been following Johns blog and comments. I asked the same question about being able to take a file from Cameo to use with Scan n Cut. It can be done this way. With the chosen file on the Cameo screen, change the lines from red to black by clicking the line button, top right. Then make the line thicker, click on line type, top right. The file will now print which can be direct scanned into the machine or you can save it as a jpeg and then use the trace function on Brother ScanNCut Canvas, the online facility, which will change it into the right file type for the machine. The Canvas is found on the American Brother site. I hope this helps. The ScanNCut, for me is fantastic because I mostly cut fabric and it does this beautifully as well as being excellent for paper, card and numerous other mediums. it has limitations and this is where the Cameo has the edge but I must say I'm really pleased with all the results so far.
    I am putting mine through its paces today and endorse everything said above which I had already tested. A couple of points: the scan facility on the Scan n Cut will not pick up all of a very intricate design when printed as above ( I have not tested its accuracy for scanning a very detailed cut design such as a doily yet). If it does pick up all eg, trellis design, it can say 'to many lines (or pictures)' and then refuse to cut it. The cut accuracy on tiny circles is not as accurate as the Cameo. I too like my Scan N Cut, but, in my opinion, and we are all different!, the Cameo is a superior machine. HTH

Owner of Janome MC9900 & Brother ScanNCut
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (1)
    Hello again.
    what are the limitations please as i am thinking of selling my pazzles and buying a SNC, so curious. thanks