Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > Cardmaking > Card Challenges and Inspiration

Notices

Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast
    Paper addict extraordinaire Mystik Nat's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (5)

52 Cards Challenge 2014

This thread has been automatically created, because the original thread had over 250 posts.

The original thread was located HERE.

The first post was....

Welcome to the thread for this year's 52 Cards challenge!

Those of you who joined in with the 2013 challenge will be quite familiar with how this works!

What is it?
    A no-stress challenge aimed at getting you to make a card a week in 2014.
    Each week I will post prompts to my blog - these will either be:
    • 3 elements randomly picked from the prompt jar
    • Photo inspiration from Pinterest, etc. (that you can interpret in any way that you like: colours, layout, design elements, product - it's up to you!)
    • Design elements or themes
    • A sketch or existing card design that you can use as a blueprint for your own interpretation
    • A colour challenge

All you need to do is use the prompts as inspiration to create a card and share it here on the thread. Easy as that.

If you can't include all elements of a prompt, don't worry - there are no rules, the aim is simply to get creating!

Where are the prompts?
    All prompts past and present can be found here at my blog.

When are they posted?
    The prompts go live every Monday morning at around 8.30 a.m. Due to work hours I schedule the blog post for challenge prompts so it's available at the same time and same place each week. I am sure some kind soul could list the prompts here on the thread for anyone having difficulties visiting the blog.

What about those Christmas Crackers??
    For last year's challenge I introduced a new element to help spread the Christmas cardmaking cheer over the year - I can personally attest to how successful this approach can be, and how stress-free my December was on this front, so stress-free was I that I almost forgot I actually needed to write and send those cards I'd spent all year making!
    So as an added push for those that want to get ahead with their Christmas cards, make an extra card a week using the prompt as inspiration for a Christmas card as well. If that sounds like too much work, no problem! This is meant to be a stress-free challenge. Join in as and how you like, one week you may want to just make a card for the original prompt, another week just a Christmas card, or some weeks you just won't have time to make either! There will be a separate thread in the card forum on UK Scrappers for you to share your (hopefully) 52 Christmas Cracker cards! So if you are ultra-productive there is a chance you could make at least 104 cards in 2014!

And for those who get behind or worry that they've missed too many weeks, nonsense! Just dive right back in at any time, you can make something from a past prompt or pop back in with the current prompt - please don't think you have to give up just because crafting and cardmaking has had to take a back seat in your life.

So all that remains to say is... see you Monday for week one!
    Please feel free to carry on......

Dedicated Scrapper paper&ribbons's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (3)
    Some beautiful cards, I love Jessbaby's especially, so pretty, and such clean and simple elegance Trish. Looking forward to seeing everyone's creations this week!

PS - The cut file for the hearts is here Nat, it's so easy I used it just as it was cut, and it's on sale too!
    Last edited by paper&ribbons; 03-02-2014 at 11:25 PM. Reason: Added link

So many crafts, so little time here be dragons's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    Ooh we've rolled already! I am playing catch up, here is the card inspired by the plate of cookies photo. It has a doily ... and some white.....

Wendy
    Attached Images Attached Images
    New blog! Craft, Cook, Repeat
    At last I have a blog! Scrapbooks & Cookbooks

Dedicated Scrapper SilverTiger2's Avatar
    View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by here be dragons View Post
    Ooh we've rolled already! I am playing catch up, here is the card inspired by the plate of cookies photo. It has a doily ... and some white.....

Wendy
    That is a lovely card !

View Gallery

Thanks Ang, will have to check it out as I managed to get some glitter card in Home Bargains, no silver or gold alas - still looking for those in less-brash shades, should they exist! lol

Wendy, lovely card from the Pinterest pic - it did indeed have a doily and white! Lovely pop of colour from the teal elements.

~ Natty ~

Dedicated Scrapper SilverTiger2's Avatar
    View Gallery

Here is mine for week 6 - made using the Papermania "Roaring Twentys" collection. The photo may not show it - but the top most paper is foiled.

Just call me DC8!! daisychain888's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (14)
    bookmarking - promise I'll start card making soon!

'people may forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel'

x Jayne x

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (17)
    I've made two cards this week, from the collection my sister-in-law sent me for my birthday - they're on my blog here:

http://alisondj.blogspot.com.au/2014...14-week-6.html

View Gallery

These are all great cards. How is everyone doing with the collection pack challenge? It was definitely harder than I thought it was going to be - just goes to show my comfort zone is definitely combining papers from different collections and not going all matchy-matchy!

I definitely think my Echo Park Walk in the Park papers are better in small doses and blended in with other designs, but hey-ho....

~ Natty ~

Dedicated Scrapper paper&ribbons's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (3)
    Lovely cards! Here's mine, and yes Nat, it was definitely harder than I thought it would be!

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (7)
    Love. This. Card.

Quote Originally Posted by paper&ribbons View Post
    Lovely cards! Here's mine, and yes Nat, it was definitely harder than I thought it would be!

View Gallery

Wow Ang! As Trish said love ya card! Now that's how to pull off the collection pack challenge! You can now relax as I promise next week will be easier.

Sarah well done on using that unopened pack of Daisy D's. It makes me wonder what vintage crafting items we have lurking...

~ Natty ~

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (55)
    That's a beautiful card Ang, you definitely rocked your collection pack

Lovely layered banner Nat and I always like seeing that little row of house and trees pop up on your cards. Nice to have new things to use, but I like my old favourites too Speaking of which, that's what I used for my week 5 (I think) card. My favourite alphabet set and background stamp for the "Glitter, pale love" challenge.
    Fiona xx

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (17)
    Lovely Fi - great with the pop of the gold glitter. x

Dedicated Scrapper Crafty Sandra's Avatar
    View Gallery

Heres mine for week 6 using Dovecraft Curiosity Corner.

Sandra

Chinese whisper LO swap