Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > Cardmaking > Card Challenges and Inspiration

Notices

Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Just call me DC8!! daisychain888's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (14)
    Quote Originally Posted by angelfish View Post
    ....I'm really glad they brought back the points for cards, as I do very little scrapping now and it's nice to be able to contribute a bit more to my team's total each month

Skybluepink is no bad thing
    I'm trying to get a better balance this year with scrapping and card making, I seemed to end up chasing myself with various projects last year. I have a better system with my spread sheet to help me this year....I hope! And I think skybluepink should be the next colour prompt

Quote Originally Posted by Mystik Nat View Post
    Glad you got the info Jayne, up to 10 cards a month is a good number I think.
    I have a slight chance of achieving that this month as I'm on annual leave next week and have a few that I need to get done by the beginning of March, not much hope each month afterwards though!

Quote Originally Posted by SarahK View Post
    Love the colours in this one My attempts are here

Still keeping up with doing two at a time as well
    Paper&ribbons - love your card, it's very dreamlike

Sarahk I can't see yours from the computer I'm on but I'll have a look later tonight when I get home. Well done on keeping up with 2 at a time!

'people may forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel'

x Jayne x

Burried in a pile of scraps Jessbaby's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (2)
    Here is my card for this week. My original idea didn't work so I had a crafty tantrum before I made this. Still not entirely sure if I like it but never mind
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Jess
    xx

[URL="http://jesstarsramblings.blogspot.co.uk/"]http://jesstarsramblings.blogspot.co.uk/[

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (55)
    Looks good to me Jess

I've now blogged weeks 3 to 5 of the challenge Hoping to have a little catch up with this thread and those who have blogged their cards, this evening.

I've done this week's colour prompt, but still thinking about week 6 as I don't buy collection packs Almost up to date
    Fiona xx

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    Looks good to me too Jess, love your little bird.

Sarah, you have such pretty cards on your blog.

I've tried to leave messages where I can, so many gorgeous cards.

Ang, that card of yours is just beautiful and I've lifted the Larkspur idea for a birthday card I need to make. Have to say it's not a patch on yours, it's so delicate, but it will have to do and if I get a chance I will take a photo and post it.

Although I'm not taking part I love checking in to see how you are all doing AND you're doing GREAT!

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (55)
    Lovely cards Sarah You're not actually allowed to put a link to your blog on UKS, if you use it to sell SU products. Neither are you supposed to have anything in your signature or profile to say that you are a demonstrator. Unless of course you are a sponsor, in which case I'll just shut up now

Thanks for your kind comment on my blog Susie

Now that the power has settled down here and the lights have stopped flicking on and off I'm going to attempt some commenting myself
    Fiona xx

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Finally get round to making a card and couldn't find the link to attach for here, so I've had another go but not sure if this will work.

Just checked and it did work but no thumbnail for some reason.

Anyway, thanks to Ang for the idea of using Larkspur and I'm hoping this fits in with Week 4's prompt.

http://www.ukscrappers.co.uk/photopo...p?photo=241192

Dedicated Scrapper SilverTiger2's Avatar
    View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Susie.A View Post
    Finally get round to making a card and couldn't find the link to attach for here, so I've had another go but not sure if this will work.

Anyway, thanks to Ang for the idea of using Larkspur and I'm hoping this fits in with Week 4's prompt.

That is a really lovely card - so fresh and bright.

View Gallery

Here is my take on this weeks prompts Mint Green/Aqua Blue/Turquoise

Card 1: Mint green pearlised cardstock, Rob Addams trellis die, Dovecraft backing paper in shades of green/aqua, topper from LOTV. Cream pearlised paper flowers with turquoise jewels at the centre, and skelton leaves in aqua and green.

Card 2: Mint green cardstock, foiled card from Hunkydory, aqua mirri, topper from LOTV. Green ribbon, Turquoise fern die from Rob Addams, text die from Marianne.

So many crafts, so little time here be dragons's Avatar
    View Gallery

I do like that trellis die - might have to keep a look out at the Make it Show for that one

I am still trailing two weeks behind, but here is my week 5 - pale, glitter, love. As you can see, I have dipped out on the glitter but have subbed with pearly bling! I have done two everyday cards instead of a Christmas one. Full details on the blog as usual

Wendy
    New blog! Craft, Cook, Repeat
    At last I have a blog! Scrapbooks & Cookbooks

View Gallery

Those are lovely, Wendy. There are several trellis dies in the set - and they all work so well - I just love them!

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (7)
    Have visited a few blogs where they are linked and left a few comments! Lots of lovely cards to look at

Quote Originally Posted by Jessbaby View Post
    Here is my card for this week. My original idea didn't work so I had a crafty tantrum before I made this. Still not entirely sure if I like it but never mind
    Well it's very nice! Am no stranger to the crafty tantrum myself, have half finished bits and pieces all over the desk

Quote Originally Posted by Susie.A View Post

Susie - have left a comment in your gallery but just wanted to say what a lovely card this is!

Quote Originally Posted by SilverTiger2 View Post
    Here is my take on this weeks prompts Mint Green/Aqua Blue/Turquoise

Card 1: Mint green pearlised cardstock, Rob Addams trellis die, Dovecraft backing paper in shades of green/aqua, topper from LOTV. Cream pearlised paper flowers with turquoise jewels at the centre, and skelton leaves in aqua and green.

Card 2: Mint green cardstock, foiled card from Hunkydory, aqua mirri, topper from LOTV. Green ribbon, Turquoise fern die from Rob Addams, text die from Marianne.
    All very pretty! Lovely colours and I like that fern die you have used too.

Quote Originally Posted by here be dragons View Post
    I do like that trellis die - might have to keep a look out at the Make it Show for that one

I am still trailing two weeks behind, but here is my week 5 - pale, glitter, love. As you can see, I have dipped out on the glitter but have subbed with pearly bling! I have done two everyday cards instead of a Christmas one. Full details on the blog as usual

Wendy
    Two great cards there Wendy - loving the postage stamp effect!

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (7)
    And here is my card for week 7, details are here on my blog...

View Gallery

Super card Trish - love that owl - I have him too!

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by SilverTiger2 View Post
    That is a really lovely card - so fresh and bright.
    Thanks SilverTiger, well it certainly is bright. Your cards are lovely with really cute images, love that swirly background paper, it's so pretty.

Wendy, I would never have thought to put cogs with pearls but it all goes together beautifully. Love that die it is so striking especially with your choice of colours - just fab!

Left a comment for your gorgeous owl card Trish and in answer to your question the Larkspur is just a downloaded image I searched for after seeing Ang's beautiful card.

Paper addict extraordinaire Mystik Nat's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (5)
    Have done some blog and gallery commenting - but just wanted to say what lovely cards have been added to the thread this weekend.

SilverTiger - both cards are really lovely and intricate, the flowers on the first one are great.

~ Natty ~