Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > Special Forums > Cutting Machines - chat, help. templates > Cutting Machine Chat

Notices

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)

sad Help !!!!!!Studio files not opening

I am hoping one of you lovley people my be able to help i have two problems the first is sometimes when i download studio files they open but the page is blank is it something i am doing wrong i am using release 1.5.0 if this is any help.

My second problems is when i am cutting long straight lines i always double cut by dupicating and the grouping the design which worked perfectly until a few weeks ago. I have been cutting vinyl for my sons radio controlled models and now the when i cut my project the second cut is always slightly off so i have 2 cut lines it very frustrating hope someone can help save my sanity

View Gallery

The Studio version I have that works is v2.5.8. I cannot get the newer V2.7.6c.exe to work.

Instead of dulpicating the lines you want to double cut...when you go to cut, check the box on the right that says 'double cut'.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Petrina

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (25)
    That's a really old version of Studio is there any particular reason you haven't updated it as we're up to v2.9.45d. The reason you get a blank page (and I'm only guessing here) could be because the files were created in a later version of Studio. I agree with Petrina about the double cut.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (24)
    As well as the good advice about using the double cut option in Studio, it's also worth checking how sticky your carrier is if using one with the vinyl, or checking that the rollers are gripping it firmly in case there's any slippage.

Rosemary
    "The main reason people buy those machines [Craft Robos] is to cut out words and lace doily patterns for their scrapbooks."

View Gallery

ha ha

Never thought of updating studio i'll give it a try i knew one of you lovely crafters would have the answer. thank you soooooo much