Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > Special Forums > Cutting Machines - chat, help. templates > Cutting Machine Chat

Notices

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)

silhouette studio stopped working

Ever since the latest upgrade I am having problems. I get an error message saying silhouette studio has stopped working and will be closed.This happens as I close down mostly but sometimes whilst I am working on a file. I thought it maybe a problem with a particular file but it doesn't seem to be, as it also does it if I open studio, then try to close it without opening a file.
    i'm fed up with this as it is worse than the previous version and I've lost the control+click to copy, which I really miss.. I wrote to Silhouette about that but they couldn't help.
    Attached Images Attached Images

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (10)
    Sorry cant help you.. I don't upgrade mine at all.. Its about time the software designers had all this fixed instead they add something on and then something else doesn't work and people have to revert back !

Hope you get sorted
    Tina craft robo

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (25)

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

I have already unchecked the 'include cut data' as per that thread Doreen , but it still keeps crashing.

View Gallery

I would email Silhouette America to see if they can offer a solution

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

I have done that , just waiting for a reply. thanks Doreen for trying to help.

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by CarolinaUK View Post
    I have done that , just waiting for a reply. thanks Doreen for trying to help.
    Could you let us know what they say please as it might help someone else?

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Will do Doreen.

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

They have replied, asking me for information, re version of Windows, studio version, and error message, that I've already told them in previous email. I'll see what happens next..

View Gallery

They have replied, asking me for information, re version of Windows, studio version, and error message, that I've already told them in previous email. I'll see what happens next..
    Thanks for letting us know although if you've already told them it does make you wonder if they read the email or if they just send an automated one in reply which isn't much help is it?

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

This is the reply I received.
    Your comments would indicate there may be a library corruption. To resolve this concern, please begin by attempting to Reindex the library by doing the following:

Go to the File menu (PC) or Silhouette Studio menu (Mac)
    Select Preferences > Advanced
    Select the Reindex My Library option
    If continued concerns are met, the library can be reset in one of the following ways:

NOTE: This action will completely remove the entire library, including all user-created content that have been saved into the library and the library structure. You may wish to first back up any user-created images prior to deleting this folder by opening them and saving them as a STUDIO file on the computer or removable memory drive (such as a USB flash drive).

Preferences Option

Open the Silhouette Studio® software program
    Go to the File menu (PC) or Silhouette Studio menu (Mac)
    Go to Preferences > Advanced
    Select the Reset Library option
    Recover the library for download content as directed at http://www.silhouetteamerica.com/faq/solution/249
    Manual Reset Option

Close the Silhouette Studio® software program
    Navigate to the following location:
    Mac: Macintosh HD > Library > Application Support > com.aspexsoftware.Silhouette_Studio.8
    Windows XP: C: > Documents and Settings > All Users > Application Data > com.aspexsoftware.Silhouette_Studio.8
    Windows Vista, 7, 8: C: > Program Data > com.aspexsoftware.Silhouette_Studio.8
    NOTE: If the above folder cannot be found on Mac, you may press SHIFT + CMD + G which reveals a small window where you can type the name of a folder to locate it. If the above folder cannot be found on Windows XP, go to yourControl Panel to select "Files & Folders" to select the View tab and select Show hidden folders. If the above folder cannot be found on a Windows Vista, 7, or 8, go to the Control Panel to search for the term "Hidden Folder" in order to select the option to Show hidden folders.

Delete the folder com.aspexsoftware.Silhouette_Studio.8 with all of its sub-content
    Recover the library for download content as directed at http://www.silhouetteamerica.com/faq/solution/249
    We hope this information is helpful. Please let us know if you have any other questions or continue to have concerns.

I don't really understand this.does it mean that if I follow the first option to RE-INDEx the library I'd lose the files ( unless backed up ) or only the 2nd option of RESET the library will lose the files or are they saaying I need to do both?

View Gallery

Thanks for letting us know although I'm not sure I understand it either but there is an option to backup your library in V3 by clicking the file tab and choosing library/export library and choosing where you want to save it. If you have a usb stick I would save it there then if everything disappears from the library you can do it in reverse but this time choosing library/import library

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

I thought there was backup bit somewhere.I wondered why they didn't mention that?
    Most of my library was bought from the store so would be available from there again, but I have quite a few others files in there as when I started I used to save everything in there.

View Gallery

I thought there was backup bit somewhere.I wondered why they didn't mention that?
    Most of my library was bought from the store so would be available from there again, but I have quite a few others files in there as when I started I used to save everything in there.
    I always save mine externally (with a backup) 1 because too many files in the library slows down you pc as do too many fonts and 2 in case my pc fails I could loose them....... I rarely buy from the store. most are my own and I wouldn't/couldn't make them all again

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

I've done the first bit, Re-indexing the library, and that hasn't helped at all.I had trouble finding the option as it wasn't in File, preferences... , it was in Edit , preferences..
    I'll now try the RESET option. and see if that works.