Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > Cardmaking > Card Challenges and Inspiration

Notices

Threaded View

Paper addict extraordinaire Mystik Nat's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (5)

Arrow 2015 Card Challenge - January

Welcome to the new card challenge for 2015!

I thought it'd be a good idea to get the info posted before we kick off with the first prompt tomorrow.

I wanted to create a challenge for 2015 that took my favourite aspects of the 52 Cards challenge but set a much more sedate pace for those who wanted to take part. Instead of following a weekly prompt this is how it's going to work:

• On the 1st of the month, I'll share 3 Pinterest prompts on my blog here.
    • The 3 prompts will be: a sketch, a colour prompt, and a Pinspiration prompt.

Sketch prompt: duplicate the look of the sketch exactly or use it as a jumping off point to your card design.
    Colour prompt: focus on the main colours in the image/colour palette or try and replicate the shades as best you can. Feature at least one or two of the colours in the prompt.
    Pinspiration prompt: this prompt is simply an image with elements that could be interpreted in a card, e.g., design elements, colours, words, patterns, objects... so many possibilities!
    • You can create a separate card for each of the 3 prompts, just focus on one prompt, combine all the prompts to create one card, whatever you fancy!
    • How many cards you make is totally up to you. You could even create a Christmas card each month based on the same prompts if you want to keep ahead of the game.
    • All prompts past and present for this challenge can be found on my blog and you can find them easily by clicking on the 2015 card challenge tag in the tag cloud in the left-hand column on my blog. I will also try and attach prompts to the first post of each monthly thread.
    • You can share your cards in the dedicated thread here in the card forum, alternatively link them up on my blog - just add a comment to the relevant monthly prompt post. Check Coles Specials and Big W Catalogue.
    • What if you don't have time to start now or play along every month? No problem! Just dive in and out of the challenge when you feel like it. Do as much as you want or as little. It's always lovely to have lots of people sharing their makes, but real life doesn't always allow for crafty time!

So that's hopefully everything covered, but if you have any questions just let me know!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Mystik Nat; 02-01-2015 at 09:21 PM.

~ Natty ~