Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > General Scrapping

Notices

Girl with a mission to SHOP..... joolsmicra's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (4)

bye bye fibres....

many moons ago, when I began scrapping, I had what can only be called a 'fibre' obsession..(basically coloured knobbly knitting wool, straight knitting wool, hairy knitting wool...) I participated in fibre swaps, got small ziplock bags of fibres in kits...I bought fibres on line, and in shops....
    fast forward 10 years, and I opened my plastic box of carefully sorted, coordinated wools,and most are unused.......if I used them five times, I think I may be over estimating....when I think of what they cost, for tiny bits of wool! They are off to the guides to be used for crafts (or to stay in their craft cupboard for 10 years!)
    Jools x
    Flyers Newbie CJ's....all three finished! Whoopee!

Dedicated Scrapper lemonblossom's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (28)
    I'm sure the Guides will make use of them.
    We all brought things like this thinking we had to have them at the time . I've got many thing tucked away that haven't seen the light of day in years.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (1)
    So glad I am not the only one harbouring things and never using them! I shudder to think how many fibres I have hiding in the cupboard. Worse still, I am still collecting bakers twine, and washi tape, but who can resist those little rolls of cute tape. I even have them all sorted into colour order and sit and stare at them as if they were a precious gem, never to be found again.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (48)
    I did the same and got rid of them all. Now i wish I hadnt as i do felting and they look good in felted pictures etc lol

swaps - chinse whsiper christmas card

Dedicated Scrapper Voodoo Vixen's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (12)
    Been there, done that, using the t-shirt as a duster... amazing the stuff we squirrel away and never use, isn't it? I keep having clear outs and I am sure the stash pile is going down.... or its all expanding to fill the void... LOL
    Annette There are no mistakes in crafting... just opportunities for more embellishments!

Scrap Happens Here Blog

just don't call me The Boss MaryAnne's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (20)
    I have the same and I have to wonder...is it that we don't use them because we don't like them any more or because we aren''t seeing inspirational layouts using them? I still love the look of a tag with a whole pile o' fibers, all different types, from thin an shiny to fluffy to nubbly, all adorning the tag hole. But something abut that look screams 1990s...like leg warmers scream 1980s.

And yet, I saw recently in an email blast from a big knitting org that leg warmers are making a comeback with US teens.... can fibers do the same?

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (8)
    I still use my fibres for heaps of things, not just tags. I sometimes just tie them across the page to look like dividers, I use them to hang bits on, glue beads onto them and use as is.

View Gallery

I had soooo many though! There are loads of lovely things I want to buy, but I MUST use or give away what I have first.......
    Jools x

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (3)
    I think you're right Mary Anne, we don't use them because they have gone out of fashion. Sometimes I wonder if we are so overwhelmed by inspiration - Pinterest, blogs, Facebook groups, etc that we don't scrap how we want to.
    I look back to my earlier albums and I think I was more creative then. I had no room for a laptop in the airing cupboard and my phone didn't connect to the internet so I used to just go for it.

Maybe we should challenge ourselves to use up some older stash (not last months kit older but stuff from when we started?

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (14)
    I still use my fibres ... but I am old fashioned in most aspects of my life so no reason for scrapping to be any different LOL

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (90)
    We where talking about fibres in our teamie thread and look what Jane happysnapper came up with

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (2)
    I have a large plastic box full of fibres which I collected way back but have used them several times for various projects.

I am in the process of transferring my stash into my new log cabin which gives me the perfect opportunity to discover more items that I have bought since scrapbooking over 15 years ago. I am looking forward to getting it organised and am enjoying the prospect of using stash that has been put away for that 'perfect' layout it was intended for.

It has taken me weeks of painting the inside and outside too and I am really excited how it is coming together. There is just a matter of the apex and 1 window to be rectified and then I shall take photos.

I do what I love and I love what I do.
    It's My Life!
    Glendale - Plot 138

View Gallery

whoa...that took dedication....love that layout!I am so tempted by new stuff but really must use everything else!
    Jools x