Quote Originally Posted by furrypig View Post
thanks for letting us know what is happening

I was wondering if I should post the weekly challenge on Friday???Instead of Monday in case there are problems?? Will give people longer to do it and if UKS isn't working on Monday it will be done already. Also I am away for some of next week so may be tricky to do it otherwise what do you think??
I am not opposed to that! Maybe as a further challenge, see if you can complete the layout over the weekend

Then on Monday everyone can share.

Funny, but I have been looking in the archives, as you know. A long time ago I wrote "Scrap Musings" - just some little bits of commentary on UKS, on Scrapping, on anything that touched on this obsession. One of the ones I found was posted during another time when UKS was going thru a move or an upgrade. I'm betting it will strike a chord this time as well

=============
In preparation for UKS going down on Monday, I am prompted to muse about what we will all be doing for the day.

Cleaning the house? I know it's on my list of favourite activities - NOT! Laundry? Oh it is endless, isn't it? No sooner do I get every article of clothing cleaned, dried and put away then the family WILL insist on wearing them and getting them dirty all over again. Typical. Tidying my scrapbook space? oh, yes. This should be an ongoing thing but it never seems to get to top priority. Reading a good book? I have a stack by the bed that grows daily, not to mention the scrapbooking mags and idea books that I seem to acquire then never find the time to actually read.

What about some actual scrapbooking? Oh joy! That would be bliss, if I could push aside all the other things that cry out for my attention. I would spend a couple of hours perusing the photos I've got uploaded, selecting ones that have been begging to be turned into layouts. I could cast my mind back, letting the memories triggered by the photos wash over me. Jotting down a few notes, considering what sort of page best captures that day in the park, the not very good snaps of that birthday party, try to remember the name of that cat Maddie spent an afternoon playing with at that castle, I'd be buzzing with ideas.

I would then sit with a cuppa and some music on, spending another couple of hours selecting papers, embellishments, printing journaling and cutting titles. I'd assemble all my page packs, neatly organized, clean the gunk off my microtip scissors, put a new blade in my trimmer, make sure my Hermafix dispensers were full and plan to settle in for a long session making art. My desk would beckon me.

But then what? Well, knowing my luck one of two things would happen - Maddie's bus would come trundling up the drive, delivering my gorgeous, but very demanding, daughter home from school, and the whirlwind would sweep all thought of productivity from my head. Or that little bing, bong would call out from the Mac, telling me Smax was bringing UKS back up. And with regret the pages would get pushed to the back of my desk for another week, or two, or three.

So do tell - what do you have planned? or depending on when you read this, what did YOU do while the site was down?
===========