Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > General Scrapping

Notices

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: UKS has MOVED!!

just don't call me The Boss MaryAnne's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (20)
    Quote Originally Posted by ArtAngel View Post

Will we still be keeping our PMs and personal info or will they disappear/do we have to do that all over again?
    So far as I know everything will be the same. Of course with technology there are no guarantees

If you have something that would be devastating to lose, screen grab it or download it. The text database, using a snapshot of UKS from a few months ago, is working well, everything seems to have transferred and is accessible in the new vB version, the gallery is working, the comments on layouts are there, the embedded photos within the comment section, where people have done that, are still there (although obviously it has just been looking at a handful of these things and not every single gallery post!!) so all indications are it should be fine.

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    Mary Anne, thank you for keeping UKS going. I am mostly a lurker, and my mojo has been missing for a while, but i still come and looks most days. If it gets so that it starts costing you, isn't there way we could donate towards the cost? Jude.x

Scrapping is my hobby Housework isn't Mary Buttons's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (5)
    So do tell - what do you have planned? or depending on when you read this, what did YOU do while the site was down?
    What will I do on shutdown day, I rather like the idea of Scrapping the next week's challenge early, but then what will I do on Monday or Tuesday? mind you there are a lot more challenges I could do, still not got the monthly done though I have got that in hand at the moment. There is also the Stash Bash challenge, I'm struggling to keep up with that, better get some sketches, PDFs, challenge info downloaded to my computer before Saturday
    Scrappycats Team Green Button house
    My Blog Mary's Musings

View Gallery

All indications are that the move will happen in a few hours on Saturday. Maybe that is optimistic, but I am really hoping we are back online by Sunday AM at the latest. Sorting out any little non-critical issues may take time, but we'll work thru them as they pop up.

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by HeyJude! View Post
    ... If it gets so that it starts costing you, isn't there way we could donate towards the cost? Jude.x
    I can't imagine there will be many who would be willing. I am aiming to pare the costs to the bone and hoping I can keep it online for those who still treasure it. Google ads and Skim Words will bring in a bit.

Better than paying a fee or donation?

Support the sponsors!

Let them know you appreciate the sponsors sticking with UKS and keeping it available. If you buy from them, tell them it is because they support UKS that you chose them over a non-sponsor shop.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (24)
    I have a crop Saturday so I will be scrapping. I have made notes of all the challenges so hopefully I will get two or three done !
    Alison

SNAP 2022 BTCR 2022

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (25)
    MaryAnne it's probably a silly question but I've got a link to UKS in my favourites will that still work when UKS moves?

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (1)
    thanks for letting us know what is happening I've been a member on here from the begining about 14 years would hate to see it disappear for good ,but cost has always got to be a factor in everything .I've not done much in the way of scrapping for a few years just lack of time
    Eileen

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (42)
    UKS, is my lifeline to the outside word, I don't get out very often, so would be lost without it.
    JanetO

x

I am the penguin, Koo koo ka choo __TJ__'s Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (32)
    Good luck with your move, I'll help with unpacking if you like ��
    I still love my uks. ❤️
    I Live in Canada I got three kids, two dogs and "some" hens. 🐓 oh and three goats!!! And I make cheese now. Blessed are the cheesemakers. 🧀🐐🐐🐐🦆🦆
    "Not worse is almost as good as better" Terry Pratchett speaking about altzimers, but it works for Aspergers too.

Desperately seeking scraptime.... CoventryAnn's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (3)
    I do hope UKS keeps going, I would miss chatting to my team-mates, the challenges... all of it really. Hope the switch-over goes well; what will I do in the meantime? I would love to get a page or two done, maybe catch up with Project Life, or even a couple of challenges. Sadly,we plan to begin decorating the bedroom at the weekend, so I think I could be strong-armed into this.
    http://coventryann.blogspot.com/
    mAR Points -SLO 7x10 = 70 DLO x10= WklyChall wk1= wk2= wk3=25 wk 4= ;House chall= SimpRec = Cards 5x10= 50 SLYMIR 4 x30=120 Total = 265 SLYMI Reboot total 5/7

Chatty papercrafter elainevking's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (16)
    I can't imagine anything worse than being without UKS.. I come in several times a day, even when I'm supposed to be working! Lol

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by DJG View Post
    MaryAnne it's probably a silly question but I've got a link to UKS in my favourites will that still work when UKS moves?
    Maybe

If it is to http://www.ukscrappers.co.uk/ probably. If it were to one of the HomePage pages, like http://www.ukscrappers.co.uk/index.php as that won't exist anymore, no.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (25)
    Quote Originally Posted by MaryAnne View Post
    Maybe

If it is to http://www.ukscrappers.co.uk/ probably. If it were to one of the HomePage pages, like http://www.ukscrappers.co.uk/index.php as that won't exist anymore, no.
    Thank you, no it's not to the home page

Dedicated Scrapper - Limited Sponsor - beanpole's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (2)
    Do hope UKS can keep going, there's so much on here I know I can refer back to.
    And huge thanks MaryAnne for all you've done, and still do, for us.
    As for Saturday - fingers crossed I have the afternoon to play as OH is away at the Races. Want to get cracking on DD's wedding scrapbook. Bet something else will crop up tho.
    http://www.beanpolebooks.co.uk
    NEW RELEASE 'MOTIF FOR MURDER' a cozy mystery with 10 templates to download for handcutting or tracing, and for the Cameo and Craft Robo. Ebook download for Kindle and Nook and now in paperback. This is the second story in the Quilt Detective series. Free templates on my blog, karenlowe co uk, for electronic cutters or PDF for cutting by hand.