Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > General Scrapping

Notices

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: UKS has MOVED!!

ohhhh i seee :) thanks
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (33)
    I come on this site every day and would miss it terribly if it went, so much so I would be willing to pay an annual subscription to help keep the site open. There's no reason you should be out of pocket MA. Although you are the "boss" we all benefit from being part of this place. Many years ago the first forum I was a part of closed and I still miss it. Members tried to save it to no avail. We have a FB group but it's not even close to being the same community and friendships we all had.

I have made friends here, developed my crafting skills here, laughed and cried here, made and received many a lovely swap, do most of the weekly challenges. If worst does come to the worst I hope we can come together as a UKS community and help MA save the site.

Hopefully I will see you all on the other side after Saturday

Thanks MA xx

Senior moments? I thought they came in MONTHS!!! new2this's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (124)
    I've been a member here since 2005.
    I'm in a SG/team and when my husband died this January they were the kindest, most supportive group I could have ever wished for.
    I, too, would be willing to pay a sub to keep this superb site up and running. Thank You for all your hard work MA .. I do hope UKS will be with us for years to come.
    Frances. My Blog

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (5)
    Another option is a crowd fund. A knitting group I belong to did this to help one of our number to move house to be closer to her family. Each of us gave a little and we were amazed at how quickly it grew.

NT is not 'normal' it is just common! Wisher's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (187)
    Thanks for everything you are doing - up its a fab site and I too would be willing to pay a fee to keep it going x
    Swaps: unofficial found poetry (sent - waiting for return) , stocking swap 2023 advent swap 2023
    Gill x

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (77)
    Thanks for all you're doing Mary Anne, I've been coming on UKS for quite a while now and although I don't post very often I do like to read threads, take part in challenges and swaps. I have made some fabulous crafty friends and would be lost if UKS had to end.
    Yolanda

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (48)
    Good Luck with the change over, I am actually away this coming weekend but hoping everything goes well for you., {and Me} I love UKS and would willingly pay a small fee to help keep it going, I have lots of friends and so much inspiration from here I would really miss it all. I really hate facebook and never join groups {too complicated}
    Chris
    Jigsaw Christmas Decoration swap. A.T.C. coin swap(2 groups)Christmas stocking Swap.
    Twisted Sisters AJ CJ.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (11)
    Here's another who would be very sad to lose UKS, I think you do an amazing job, MA and would gladly take out a subscription to keep it going.
    I just can't imagine not being able to come on here to chat with my teammates, do/set challenges and host the Scrap A Sketch SG.
    Long live UKS!
    Member of Scrap That

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (24)
    UKS is my life line! My sanity every week is to find challenges and do them (mostly every week) , it relieves my mind from pressures and stress at work, and I have met fantastic people through UKS!
    I would not mind paying a subscription fee if it helps keep it going!

I was not aware of UKS on facebook and could not post there but wanted to let you know my feelings here. You are doing a fantastic job here and long may it continue!
    Mags
    Scrap Happens
    Blue Brads House

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (42)
    I would be willing to pay a subscription to keep UKS going, as I said before I would be lost without it, I too have met some lovely people on here.
    JanetO

x

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (1)
    Count me in on the subscription.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (24)
    I too would be happy with a subscription if it would help
    Alison

SNAP 2022 BTCR 2022

You're perfect, yes it's true ... but without me, you're only you. scrap3d's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (98)
    I also come on this site pretty much every day and would not want to see it go. I do buy from sponsors where I can, although I am somewhat limited by living in France, and I would happily donate/subscribe if that's what it takes to keep it going.

I have met some amazing people on here and made some great friends. It's also a place to come for inspiration and advice from like minded individuals.

I hope the change goes well.
    Swaps - Mini Junk Journal - Mixed Media
    Craft Blog - Collaborative Craft Blog

just don't call me The Boss MaryAnne's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (20)
    It is really heart-warming to hear so many people still love this place. And makes me feel keeping it going, even if it isn't really a "business" anymore is worth doing!

Once the move is done, while there is little chance the new server (without the experts at x3 on tap) can organize the sort of Cyber Crop we once had, maybe we can start to think of some event to inspire. No promises at this point but worth keeping in mind....

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (4)
    NO!!! Don't give up on it please. I find loads of inspiration on this site and the lovely girls have helped me out with problems on Craft Robo/Silhouette many a time. The general chat is great as well. I have just had my favourite scrapbooking shop close down, then the end of the Newbury PaperArts show followed by the last publication of Scrapbooking Magazine - I know how much work you put into running this site MaryAnne and I, amongst many others, i am sure, thank you for your time put into making so brilliant. I for one would be willing to pay a reasonable annual fee to use the site. Although I fear that would make even more work for you! Hope the switch over goes well!

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    I wouldn't like to see the forum closed as I have received a lot of help from members on here and in turn try to offer help where I can. There does seem to be a lot less posts but I think that people must be using Facebook instead. I'm not on Facebook.