Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > General Scrapping

Notices

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: UKS has MOVED!!

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (19)
    I too have made some very good friends on here and I would miss it dreadfully and hate to see it close. I would happily donate or subscribe if need be

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    Thanks for everything you are doing. I too would be willing to pay a fee to keep it going

Barbara

Desperately seeking scraptime.... CoventryAnn's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (3)
    A fee would be no problem, if I think of all the magazines subscriptions I no longer pay as they have folded, I would rather spend the money supporting UKS.
    http://coventryann.blogspot.com/
    mAR Points -SLO 7x10 = 70 DLO x10= WklyChall wk1= wk2= wk3=25 wk 4= ;House chall= SimpRec = Cards 5x10= 50 SLYMIR 4 x30=120 Total = 265 SLYMI Reboot total 5/7

Help - stop the world I wanna get off!!!! bevb's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (28)
    I would willingly pay a subscription. Have met loads of lovely people over the years. I don't get the chance to scrap much but I still pop on here most days.
    Mary Ann, you do a wonderful job & the amount of time you must put into this site is much appreciated

So much imagination,so little time to create! Rosierabbit's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (14)
    Thanks for all your work Mary-Ann! I would hate to see UKS go! Hope these changes don't give you too many headaches and I'm sure everyone will bear with you while changes are in progress!
    HEATHER

Gravy Pot Swap/ Round Robin Stash Box / 2010 Kit Swap / Ribbon Swap / Mrs Cheshires Kit Swap / Nixis Stash Swap / 2011 Kit Swap / Embellishments Swap /Matchbox Swap /Mixed Stash Swap

View Gallery

I would also be willing to pay something. not sure how much, one of my other forums we all sent in a donation of £5.00, and that helped to keep us on line for years,
    Why not ask who would be willing to send a donation,
    So is it very expensive to run, as none of us do anything like this,
    but most of us are on here daily
    I would miss it very much
    Ruth

What have we here Watson? misteejay's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (1)
    Thank you MA for everything you do.
    I have been a member of this site for a good many years and have "met" some fabulous folk. I probably visited the site regularly for about 2 years before I became a member and now visit everyday (even if I don't have time to post). Although I blog, I don't Tweet or FB so would miss this terribly if it wasn't here.
    Keeping everything crossed that the 'move' doesn't give you too many headaches on Saturday MA

http://misteejay.blogspot.com/
    when you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth

Determined to reduce the stash and photo pile arimum_123's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (10)
    I don't 'do' facebook etc either so would miss the site - and would have no problem giving a fee or a donation to keep it going. I also buy the vast majority of my stash from sponsor's on here as i know they are all reliable and very helpful.
    It is also where I discovered my much loved quirky kits and the fact that my pile of stash would fit in the corner of some peoples scrap rooms!

Louise x
    Die-cut swap. Washi tape swap.

just don't call me The Boss MaryAnne's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (20)
    Again, thanks. I think I am unlikely to do a set subscription fee, but I may figure out if I can add a DONATE button and leave it up to you to send what you want. There are, I'm sure, tax implications for that, as there are for crowdfunding like Kickstarter.

I need to see how things look after a couple of months on the new server, then see if any sponsors will carry on sponsoring after 2015, look at the books, and that will help me decide! I will do my very best not to just pull the plug with no warning.

View Gallery

It would be a disaster if the site were to go. I only use the Craft Robo forum and don't post as many templates as some others, simply because I have a vast library and don't really design cards any more. However, the help and support of the wonderful UKS members has been invaluable. I would be happy to donate/subscribe to keep the site going. Good luck for Saturday!

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (4)
    Do we have the link for the new site yet

Christmas Stocking Swap 2017
    MIM

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

I only use the Craft Robo forum, where I get so many information when I do have some problem. Mary-Ann do You think Craft Robo forum will be avalible after move the side to another provider. I do live in Canada-Toronto, we dont have forum like this. I will be lost with out this forum. Finger cross
    Thank You
    Barbara

View Gallery

Here here, it appears this is in limbo.

I have been a member since 2008 and would sincerely miss it and hope you will let me know anything I can do to keep it going.

Maryanne, I had said in another instance here that we need a plan, a place to meet or communicate before they take this down - or am I panicking?
    We could set up our own blog but I do not want to propose a name as it would distract from our beloved UKScrappers.

Cheers
    Petrina

just don't call me The Boss MaryAnne's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (20)
    DON'T PANIC!

This really and truly should be a seamless process. All that will happen, baring any totally off the wall problem, is that the entire database will be snapshot at a set point, we will sync both the old server database and the NEW server database.

We'll upgrade vB on the NEw server, fix the UKS style theme, fix any bits an bobs that break (and by that I mean plug-ins for example, that make vB work the way we want it to) and then we will switch the DNS (Domain Name Server) so that when someone types in UKScrappers .co .uk they will be pointed to the new server, not the old one.

There will be a message over the site, while we are down and it will get changed if there is a bigger problem.

And the OLD server has about a week to run, so anything that disappears (and we have been testing an old snapshot of the database for months now, so I am pretty confident that should be minimal) we still have a chance to get it.

There will likely be some cosmetic changes, there will be some functional changes, but they are things that are part of the new up-to-date version. The ones I have seen are at least as good as the current ones, but I won;t deny there are things that may take some getting used to. What those are, I don't know - they may be different for everyone.

We'll be testing things most of the day, till we are confident that it is all working well, then UKS will return and

YOU WILL NOT need to re-register
    YOU WILL NOT lose you PMs
    YOUR BOOKMARKS TO UKS SHOULD WORK - unless you have a bookmark to anything to do with the HOME PAGE.

The HOMEPAGE WILL BE GONE. I have been madly copying stuff from the archives over to the forums. A lot of that is hidden from you for the moment.

IF ANYONE HAS THE PDFS and IMAGES from the Mardi Gras CC LET ME KNOW!

All I can find is 20 messaged from Fi (ScrappyBunny) saying they will appear in the library "soon" - think that ship has sailed....

I will plan on posting and pinning anything to my blog here

That is the best way I can think of at the moment for contacting me other than email to ma (at) id .com (you know the format but I get enough spam so I'm not going to type it and make it easy for the spammers to scrape it )

Of course, there is always the chance things could go pear-shaped but I am hoping all the prep and testing is going to minimize the chances of that.

We can all send good thoughts out into cyberspace for a smooth and speedy upgrade Can't hurt....

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (1)
    Hope all goes well MaryAnne. See you on the other side, fingers xxsd

Sending positive thoughts~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Ellie.