Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > General Scrapping

Notices

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: UKS has MOVED!!

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (25)
    Quote Originally Posted by MaryAnne View Post
    DON'T PANIC!

This really and truly should be a seamless process. All that will happen, baring any totally off the wall problem, is that the entire database will be snapshot at a set point, we will sync both the old server database and the NEW server database.

We'll upgrade vB on the NEw server, fix the UKS style theme, fix any bits an bobs that break (and by that I mean plug-ins for example, that make vB work the way we want it to) and then we will switch the DNS (Domain Name Server) so that when someone types in UKScrappers .co .uk they will be pointed to the new server, not the old one.

There will be a message over the site, while we are down and it will get changed if there is a bigger problem.

And the OLD server has about a week to run, so anything that disappears (and we have been testing an old snapshot of the database for months now, so I am pretty confident that should be minimal) we still have a chance to get it.

There will likely be some cosmetic changes, there will be some functional changes, but they are things that are part of the new up-to-date version. The ones I have seen are at least as good as the current ones, but I won;t deny there are things that may take some getting used to. What those are, I don't know - they may be different for everyone.

We'll be testing things most of the day, till we are confident that it is all working well, then UKS will return and

YOU WILL NOT need to re-register
    YOU WILL NOT lose you PMs
    YOUR BOOKMARKS TO UKS SHOULD WORK - unless you have a bookmark to anything to do with the HOME PAGE.

The HOMEPAGE WILL BE GONE. I have been madly copying stuff from the archives over to the forums. A lot of that is hidden from you for the moment.

IF ANYONE HAS THE PDFS and IMAGES from the Mardi Gras CC LET ME KNOW!

All I can find is 20 messaged from Fi (ScrappyBunny) saying they will appear in the library "soon" - think that ship has sailed....

I will plan on posting and pinning anything to my blog here

That is the best way I can think of at the moment for contacting me other than email to ma (at) id .com (you know the format but I get enough spam so I'm not going to type it and make it easy for the spammers to scrape it )

Of course, there is always the chance things could go pear-shaped but I am hoping all the prep and testing is going to minimize the chances of that.

We can all send good thoughts out into cyberspace for a smooth and speedy upgrade Can't hurt....

Thank you for the information. I've added a link on the Robo forum directing them to this post and hopefully those who read it will add your blog to their favourites so they can keep up. I hope everything goes smoothly for you.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (79)
    Quote Originally Posted by MaryAnne View Post
    DON'T PANIC!

This really and truly should be a seamless process. All that will happen, baring any totally off the wall problem, is that the entire database will be snapshot at a set point, we will sync both the old server database and the NEW server database.

We'll upgrade vB on the NEw server, fix the UKS style theme, fix any bits an bobs that break (and by that I mean plug-ins for example, that make vB work the way we want it to) and then we will switch the DNS (Domain Name Server) so that when someone types in UKScrappers .co .uk they will be pointed to the new server, not the old one.

There will be a message over the site, while we are down and it will get changed if there is a bigger problem.

And the OLD server has about a week to run, so anything that disappears (and we have been testing an old snapshot of the database for months now, so I am pretty confident that should be minimal) we still have a chance to get it.

There will likely be some cosmetic changes, there will be some functional changes, but they are things that are part of the new up-to-date version. The ones I have seen are at least as good as the current ones, but I won;t deny there are things that may take some getting used to. What those are, I don't know - they may be different for everyone.

We'll be testing things most of the day, till we are confident that it is all working well, then UKS will return and

YOU WILL NOT need to re-register
    YOU WILL NOT lose you PMs
    YOUR BOOKMARKS TO UKS SHOULD WORK - unless you have a bookmark to anything to do with the HOME PAGE.

The HOMEPAGE WILL BE GONE. I have been madly copying stuff from the archives over to the forums. A lot of that is hidden from you for the moment.

IF ANYONE HAS THE PDFS and IMAGES from the Mardi Gras CC LET ME KNOW!

All I can find is 20 messaged from Fi (ScrappyBunny) saying they will appear in the library "soon" - think that ship has sailed....

I will plan on posting and pinning anything to my blog here

That is the best way I can think of at the moment for contacting me other than email to ma (at) id .com (you know the format but I get enough spam so I'm not going to type it and make it easy for the spammers to scrape it )

Of course, there is always the chance things could go pear-shaped but I am hoping all the prep and testing is going to minimize the chances of that.

We can all send good thoughts out into cyberspace for a smooth and speedy upgrade Can't hurt....

Mary Anne do we still look for UKScrappers.co.uk

Is this happening tomorrow?

TIA

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (12)
    Hope it all goes smoothly xx

Loves playing with Studio BathBelle's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    Fingers crossed! See you all on the other side!
    Ruth

View Gallery

This is great news - that UKScrappers will continue on and they are just updating.

Thank you for the update MaryAnne. I look forward to your blog, when you pos,t as I get an automatic link telling you have a new post.

Life is good.
    Petrina

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Life without UKS - unthinkable! It is the first place I go to every day and I pop in and out to see what's going on and it's the last place I check out before bed.

Sometimes it's just to leave a message or a comment and thanks to UKS and the 5:2 thread I've lost 1st 8lbs since January.

I haven't posted any cards recently because I've been making wedding stationery but it was the scrapbooking side of things that got me on here in the first place.

I have just started printing photo's of the wedding to scrapbook so I will be back to albums again soon - the requests are already coming in.

The whole community is brilliant and if I need advice it is the first place I look and it is lovely to be able to help others who needed it also. Even my hubby says 'have you asked the oracle' if we have a problem, meaning UKS.

I too would be happy to make a contribution if ever you do decide this is the way you need to go MaryAnne. Meanwhile, thank you so much for all you do.x

The Packaging Queen!
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (7)
    Hope the move goes smoothly

Hev, not a complete lunatic, but getting there! Mystery Woman's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (22)
    I've been having a trully life changing and dreafully upsetting month, so I'm not up to date with anything. Last week my wonderfull DH died, and coming back on here today, is what I need to help me throught this, and keep me sane. The though of not having you all here to talk to and support me through ny journey of continuing with my albums - specially the memories of the last year, while we travelled the road of his illness - is too unbearable. You will all be here won't you? When should I know anything is happening? Please will someone just fill me in and put my mind at rest? Thanks

June points 0 SLO, 0 DLO, 0 Weekly Challenge, 6 Cards = 30 points

View Gallery

So very sorry to hear of your loss Hev. UKS is continuing so everyone will still be hear for you. There may be some time today when you can't access anything but that's just part of the changeover.
    Take good care of yourself x
    Chris

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Mystery Woman View Post
    I've been having a trully life changing and dreafully upsetting month, so I'm not up to date with anything. Last week my wonderfull DH died, and coming back on here today, is what I need to help me throught this, and keep me sane. The though of not having you all here to talk to and support me through ny journey of continuing with my albums - specially the memories of the last year, while we travelled the road of his illness - is too unbearable. You will all be here won't you? When should I know anything is happening? Please will someone just fill me in and put my mind at rest? Thanks
    So very sorry for your loss. Click the green writing where it says "I will plan on posting and pinning anything to my blog here" and it will take you to MaryAnne's blog so you can see if anything is reported about UKS You can add it to your favourites to find it when you want it

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (7)
    Mary Anne it looks like all your hard work has paid off. We're still here - cleaner and fresher looking. I can't even begin to think of the efforts you have made behind the scenes to make this transition work. Thank you
    My Blog
    Mixed Media ATC Swap
    Mixed Media ATC Swap 2

View Gallery

Thank you for all your hard work MaryAnne it's great to be back

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (12)
    ooo looks posh in here .... I am off for a wander round

Determined to reduce the stash and photo pile arimum_123's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (10)
    Thank you MaryAnne, all your hard work is truly appreciated

Louise x
    Die-cut swap. Washi tape swap.

Dedicated Scrapper Crafty Sandra's Avatar
    View Gallery

Thanks MaryAnn for all your hard work Can you tell me where I find my group discussions? Can get to them by clicking a link in an email but cant find them on here!!! I'm probably being thick and if I am I apologise

Chinese whisper LO swap