Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > General Scrapping

Notices

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)

the scrapbook magazine

The Scrapbook Magazine has been cancelled. The number is 01858 438899 if you want to express your dismay. Scrapbookers only have themselves to blame.... If you dont use it, you lose it... Not very happy happy scrapping, jenx

Dedicated Scrapper wedding belle's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (69)
    Oh no, what a shame. I am a subscriber

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Sad news indeed. Over here in SA we usually get it a month or two late but it was much appreciated and I will miss it. Thank you for posting this

just don't call me The Boss MaryAnne's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (20)
    Stunned by this. That was one of the very first UK magazines - well, initially I think it was more of a 'zine than a magazine - and just kept on publishing when so many others fell by the wayside. I thought it would go on forever.

It does make me worry that soon there will be NO print media out there, it'll all be tablet or phone, digital or nothing Funny, at crop last week I was showing the ladies Readly, an app DH subscribes to that has 100s of digital magazines for one price, including a few card making and paper crafting magazines (as well as 10 or so knitting and crochet ones, and things like Mollie Makes) but no scrapbooking ones. The price is equal to the cost of maybe 3 of the mags per month. And there are lots of back issues too. Between us we read maybe 100 of them... and don't buy the paper copies (but I do print things, like patterns) so maybe I't my own darn fault if a well loved paper magazine ceases publication.

So long as they keep publishing books I can cope but if that ever stops ....

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Oh that is such a shame, we now have no UK ones left! I think the magazine has improved so much over the last months too
    Janine

New name - I married an Irving! Elaine Carter's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (1)
    Oh dear! I'd just started buying this magazine regularly in lieu of Scrap365 and was enjoying the content

Is there any UK dedicated scrapbooking magazines left?

View Gallery

It is such sad news!! I have been on the phone with the publishers this morning and they confirmed that Scrapbook Mag has ceased publication and the current issue on sale (no 89) is the last one!! I have bought every copy since I started scrapping (about 5/6 years ago) and although I do love the inspiration I get on the internet nothing beats reading a paper mag!!
    Sarah x

Desperately seeking scraptime.... CoventryAnn's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (3)
    Gutted, last scrapbooking magazine gone
    http://coventryann.blogspot.com/
    mAR Points -SLO 7x10 = 70 DLO x10= WklyChall wk1= wk2= wk3=25 wk 4= ;House chall= SimpRec = Cards 5x10= 50 SLYMIR 4 x30=120 Total = 265 SLYMI Reboot total 5/7

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (31)
    wonder how long it will be before they send letters out to subscribers--cos if it wasn't for here i wouldn't know!!

So many photos, so little time g61's Avatar
    View Gallery

That was never my magazine of choice but it's still disappointing to see it close.

Is the stamping mag (Creative Stamping, I think) still including some 'Scrap365 pages every other issue?
    Margo

I'm a member of Scrap Happens, in the Blue Brads House

Desperately seeking scraptime.... CoventryAnn's Avatar
    View Gallery

No, it only lasted one issue (if i recall correctly) so i cancelled my subscription. Still can't get over this, will really miss reading my mags before bed. Not the same on a tablet.
    http://coventryann.blogspot.com/
    mAR Points -SLO 7x10 = 70 DLO x10= WklyChall wk1= wk2= wk3=25 wk 4= ;House chall= SimpRec = Cards 5x10= 50 SLYMIR 4 x30=120 Total = 265 SLYMI Reboot total 5/7

Dedicated Scrapper wedding belle's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (69)
    It was craft stamper and scrap 365 was added bi-monthly for a while but hasn't been in it lately

View Gallery

I subscribed to scrap 365 and when it ended I went over to Scrapbook Magazine buying it from WH Smith. I had just decided to subscribe but hadn't yet so really disappointed that it is also ending and now no scrapping mag in the UK!

Thank goodness for the inspiration here and on FB, blogs and pinterest or I would be lost!

View Gallery

I am so disappointed, just found out that scrapbook magazine is closing. I look forward to it coming through my door each month. A very unhappy scrapper

View Gallery

It's such a shame that another magazine has gone. I thought with the rise of project life we might get a few more magazines..

MaryAnne is subscribed to the app as soon as I got home from crop.