Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > General Scrapping

Notices

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)

How to get your paper/card out of dies

Hi everyone I am new to paper crafts so I could do with some help from you nice ladies,i have just started using my die cutting machine and its been hard for me to get the paper/card from my dies,has anyone got any ways of making it easier,i had a look on a craft site and they had some spray m boss but they are sold out so if anyones got another way could you please help,thanks Parin.

Desperately seeking scraptime.... CoventryAnn's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (3)
    If they are thin dies, give them a firm tap on a hard surface like a table, and lots of little waste pieces will fall out. Most dies then have little holes you can gently push a pokey tool through to release the card. Once a small part has come free, you can gently pull the rest. I don't bother with anything else, but don't have too many intricate dies.
    http://coventryann.blogspot.com/
    mAR Points -SLO 7x10 = 70 DLO x10= WklyChall wk1= wk2= wk3=25 wk 4= ;House chall= SimpRec = Cards 5x10= 50 SLYMIR 4 x30=120 Total = 265 SLYMI Reboot total 5/7

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

I have heard that if you use a plastic bag between the die and the card/paper it comes out easily.

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Thanks for the advice will have a go with bag and see if that works,Parin.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (1)
    I use the waxed paper you wrap food in. Place a piece of that between the die and your card/paper and the dies should come out much easier when they are cut. Another way is to rub a tumble drier sheet over the die before adding the card. If you are talking about the fiddly bits that get left in the die a pokey tool is brilliant. It's a really useful pointed tool that has all sorts of uses in paper craft. Hope that helps.

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Hi thanks for the advice,will try the wax paper,i have a pokey tool and a brush tool and that came with a tiny little plastic shovel,I thought whats that little thing going to do but that's probley been better than the other tools, the problem is the paper sticking in the die so will try the bag and the grease proof paper,thanks ladies,Parin.

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (3)
    I also second the wax paper between the paper and the die - has made it much easier to get the card out of some of the really fiddly dies.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (25)
    You can use greaseproof paper/waxed paper from inside cereal box's and wax paper from a bread wrapper

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (5)
    Quote Originally Posted by DJG View Post
    You can use greaseproof paper/waxed paper from inside cereal box's and wax paper from a bread wrapper
    Sadly very few cereal boxes have wax paper bags, mainly plastic now and not many loaves come in waxed wrappers either