Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > General Scrapping

Notices

Thread: i pod photos

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (11)

i pod photos

DS has an ipod which he has taken a lot of photos on. I wanted to print a few off to make a snap album for him and just wondered what size people were using for any prints they had taken from an ipod.

Thanks
    Cris

just don't call me The Boss MaryAnne's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (20)
    I would use whatever size works. Generally I would upload them into (for me) iPhoto and then crop and size then depending on each individual photo. And I guess it might depend on the photo app you use, or just the camera one. I love Photo HDR fro the filters and it has a square frame, for example.

Not very helpful, I guess but hard to be too helpful with so little info - how will you print? Photobox/Online? at a shop? at home? How will you do the album> print and make lie a scrapbook? and online photobook process? Are the photos all one way - like all rectangular, or some instagram style squares? Do you want to use them exactly as he took them or crop them to fit??

??

LOTS of variables...

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Thanks MaryAnne
    He has taken some portrait and some landscape but I don't think any are square.
    I normally take photos into Tesco to print and do my editing on their system. I want to use a Simple Stories 6x8 Snap album so will want them 3x4 or 4x6 I think. I'm just a bit concerned whether I'm going to lose a lot of the photo because of the resolution size the ipod uses (I think I've used the wrong term there but read that the ipod uses a size of 8x9 for its 'photo' size - probably not making much sense sorry)

Cris

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (1)
    These days the only pics of the GC I manage to get are the selfie ones they put on FB. I have found the best size is 4x4 and Boots do these brilliantly.

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Thanks Cherry Pie. I will give them a go. I was just worried how much of the photo I'm going to 'cut off' in that size

Cris

just don't call me The Boss MaryAnne's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (20)
    Do you have a photo processing program on your computer? It would seem easiest to load them first o the computer, process them as you want, then put them on a stick and print them as usual.

There are some photo processing apps for the iPad. Perhaps not the BEST one, but a FREE one is Snapseed - it'll let you crop them on the iPad to select the best bits. Might be worth a download and a play, as it's free.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (1)
    Chris you don't have to cut off any part of the photo only the bit of the photo paper that isn't used.

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

We've just come back from holiday and DS's ipod won't charge (stopped working while we were away). It turns out he hasn't backed up for about 6 mnths and didn't pull off the photos I wanted, so I may not be able to do anything. We're going to talk to apple today .
    He's gutted that he's lost all his stuff!!