Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > General Scrapping

Notices

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (7)

Big Shot help/advice

I've just bought a Big Shot from a friend of a friend. I have a Cuttlebug which I am very happy with but it seemed like a good opportunity to pick up a BS. It's an old Ellison design teal coloured one. It has come with 2 white plates which look like the equivalent of the CB 'A' plate. 1 is roughly the same size as the CB 'A' plate and one looks like it's the equivalent plate for long thin dies. Will my CB 'B' & 'C' plates work with this machine? Are plates available to buy separately? What is a multi-purpose platform? In the past I've seen BS demos where they've used a sort of folder with different plates and they flipped the plates according to the thickness of the die. Is this what I need?
    My Blog
    Mixed Media ATC Swap
    Mixed Media ATC Swap 2

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (48)
    I have never had a big shot so can not answer the matching dies however I would recommend a multipurpost platform. You you will need to do embossing and thin dies etc unless you want to spnd forever manking shims. I deinitely recommed it

swaps - chinse whsiper christmas card

Dedicated Scrapper Crafty Sandra's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    With the teal big shot you should have one white plate and 2 clear plates. Plates are readily available from various stockists. A multi platform plate isnt necessary but can be bought if you really want one. I have a sandwich list for dies for the big shot. Its a few years old but will give you an idea of what to use with which type of die. If youd like a copy just message me your email addy and ill send it on.

Sandra

Chinese whisper LO swap

Determined to reduce the stash and photo pile arimum_123's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (10)
    The multi-purpose platform allows you to cut thin dies - from sizzlits to the thin metal dies like spellbinders. Using thin dies in my bigshot I use the multi-purpose platform, a clear cutting plate, the die and paper and then a top clear cutting plate. If your white plate is a few cm thick then you can adjust the height with card shims under the clear cutting plate to cut with very thin dies. (The m-p platform is a thick white plastic plate with two thin 'pages' that basically work like shims).

HTH

Louise x
    Die-cut swap. Washi tape swap.

Determined to reduce the stash and photo pile arimum_123's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (10)
    The long thin plate is for the decorative strip dies - you can get the clear cutting plates for using this with (if you have the long dies).

Louise x
    Die-cut swap. Washi tape swap.