Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > General Scrapping

Notices

just don't call me The Boss MaryAnne's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (20)

Do you use Project Life supplies on 12 x 12 layouts?

Just wondering. I have been far too busy to actually find the time to SCRAP lately (surprise, surprise ) but I can make printables in a short time. Possibly because I am more of an assembler than a designer. But it scratches the creative itch for a bit while I get on with other more pressing matters.

I don't DO Project Life. I wish I did, or had, when the kids were actually both here and willing to be photoed. I love the whole concept of it. I wouldn't wish away my 12 x 12 albums in any way, the kids still love them too (the first thing my son did when his GF came for a visit was ask me to drag out the albums for her, even the horrid 90's style layouts) but I love the look of them, the snapshot of a day or a week or a month on one page.

Anyway, PL printables are easy to make. and fun for me. The small size gives me a chance to learn something new in the very useful but badly documented program I use to design. I usually try to make things that I imagine might be useful on a 12 x12 page too, but it is really rare for anyone to share a final project using something they downloaded so I just never know

I know it is really common to use regular scrapbook stuff on PL pages, but what about the other way round?

Anyone?

Determined to reduce the stash and photo pile arimum_123's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (10)
    I use PL cards and the 'cut apart' sheets on most LO's. I haven't printed anything in an age - mainly because the printer always seems to run out of ink on me. It isn't that brilliant either but it works and until it breaks won't be replaced - I want a new camera too much!

Louise x
    Die-cut swap. Washi tape swap.

The mojo has returned! Beanpie11's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (1)
    I don't do project life but bought a set cos i needed them as you do. I use the whole cards on 12x12 but i also cut out the patterns and use them as embellishments all the time this lo is solely made with cut up project life cards

http://www.ukscrappers.co.uk/photopo...5&ppuser=61344

Determined to reduce the stash and photo pile arimum_123's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (10)
    Just followed the link to your LO Beanpie - it is fab! I would never have thought to cut the card up like that - would you mind if I 'pinned' you to help me remember the idea?

Louise x
    Die-cut swap. Washi tape swap.

The mojo has returned! Beanpie11's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (1)
    Thank you Louise, pin away

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (6)
    I don't do Pl on a daily basis. I just use it for the 'millions' (maybe, an exaggeration lol) of holiday photos BUT I do use the cards on my normal LO's. I find then really useful.
    Sheila

Dedicated Scrapper lemonblossom's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (28)
    I do a monthly style project life . I find that the project life cards & embellishment work just as well on cards & 12x12 layouts

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (13)
    I try to mix in both. I am a 12x12 scrapper really, but when faced with a larger number of photos about one event, I create 12x12 layouts with the photos and stories that appeal to me most and then create PL pages along side with the photos that are left. I have used PL cards on layouts and cut down 12x12 papers to fit in project life pages as well as stickers and embellishments on both styles.

Mary Anne, your PL printables are fab and one or two I have saved. I also have some of Becky Higgins PL cards that I have purchased through her digital shop and sometimes I print these and use them too.
    Sharon
    Addicted to stash!!

THE ALLSORTS
    Green Buttons House...

just don't call me The Boss MaryAnne's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (20)
    Quote Originally Posted by sharon1973 View Post
    ...I also have some of Becky Higgins PL cards that I have purchased through her digital shop and sometimes I print these and use them too.
    I find the bit "...sometimes I print these..." really interesting Thanks for your kind comments about my printables but you make me wonder. Do people bookmark them, pin them, even DOWNLOAD them but NOT print them? I have some that have been pinned 100s of time, yet I rarely (if ever!) get to see them "in use" and I'm always so curious

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    Please don't stop doing the printabes Mary Anne, I love and save them, many of which I print and have used, some I cut up as embellishments. The most recent was a heart from your Love sheet. I also print them for my daughter to use in the mini albums she makes.
    Chris