Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > Special Forums > Cutting Machines - chat, help. templates > Cutting Machine Chat

Notices

Thread: JPG Images

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)

JPG Images

Does anyone know why JPG images when traced and cut lines added do double cuts? I have done several of these, made sure that in the Cut Lines window Double Cut is NOT checked and yet the images cut twice, unfortunately not exactly in the same place which leaves a less than clean outline.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (25)
    It's because it traces each side of a lie Shirley. If I trace something which is not very often when I am ready to trace it I chose trace and detach then I can drag the background away and there aren't any double lines. If you are a visual learner have a look at the Youtube tutorials called Tracing Without Tears by Cleversomeday

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (6)
    When you have selected your object to trace, UNTICK High Pass Filter, go down to threshold and move the slider until you the object is all yellow and looks as good, then move Scale down to 4 (this helps to smooth the edges). When you've done all that, select trace. That works 99% of the time. Very easy.
    Sheila

View Gallery

Thank you for that ladies. Because a video I watched on YouTube used the Trace option that's what I did whereas normally I use Trace and Detach so I'll try one of my files like that and see if it makes a difference.
    Not sure that I've noticed a Scale option when I'm tracing Sheila but I'll look at that too as I'm disappointed with what I've produced so far.

View Gallery

OK, so I've tried that. Trace and Detach is what I did originally but it didn't trace the internal holes and the same thing has happened again now, it's only when you use the Trace option that it traces everything, then of course one removes the trace and deletes the original. I also tried reducing the Scale (which I'd never even noticed before) as suggested but it didn't seem to make any difference. Earlier I had looked at the Line Menu to see if I could reduce the thickness but even on its lowest setting (.25) it doesn't change anything. Now I'll go and watch Cleversomeday's videos again, thanks for the link Doreen.

View Gallery

Watched Part 1 of the video but it wasn't really helpful, merely advising choosing filled in images rather than Line Art type images to begin with. However I think I've cracked it! I imported a PNG image and then treated it the same as a DXF, i.e. Traced, Released Compound Path etc and it worked, result - a single cut. Did the same with JPG image and that worked as well, now all I have to do is re-do the other 7 files and cut them all again. I think this is proving to be the most expensive card ever made in terms of labour and materials (not to mention other people's time).

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (25)
    Glad you've managed it Shirley some files can be a real pain. When I do trace and detach if I want the item as separate pieces I try to make sure just the liens are yellow because as you've found if it's filled with yellow it only traces the outside but I rarely do print ad cut