Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > General Scrapping

Notices

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (65)

Swaps Forum resurrection

Good Morning All,

Sorry to interrupt your UKS viewing.

Just to let you know Mary Anne has kindly agreed for me to takeover as your swaps co-ordinator

Some of you may remember me from the good old days of UKS when the swaps forum was a super busy, lively fun forum (the jigsaw swap still haunts me!!!!!!) There has been a change of user name as I finally agreed to marry TB three years ago this week

I’m really hoping to generate more interest in this forum as it has looked a very sad and lonely place for quite a while. I’m not expecting it to be the very popular jigsaw swap type thread again but even if I can drum a few of you that would like to play in whatever type of swaps, be it, tags, ATCs, inches, ribbon, button, fat pages, matchboxes, Jigsaws - whatever you fancy.

I’m happy to host a tag swap to kick us off if there’s enough interest. I’m thinking Indian Summer theme - spicy, paisley, henna designs. Let me know if you’re interested and I’ll pop a thread up over on the swaps

CARD MAKER AND CR OWNER
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    Hi there - I have never taken part in a swap so don't know how they work. Is there somewhere that I can find out and then decide if it is right for me please?

So many photos, so little time g61's Avatar
    View Gallery

Hello and thank you - this sounds intriguing! I too have no idea what a swap involves, so can you enlighten us please?
    Margo

I'm a member of Scrap Happens, in the Blue Brads House

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (65)
    Hi,

We used to regularly hold swaps whether they be crafty stash ie buttons,ribbons, alphabets,flowers etc, Artist Trading Cards, Luggage tags, matchboxes, inches, twitches, mini books, journal pages, jigsaws (shudder!!!) etc all decorated to certain themes. Basically you make say 6 luggage tags decorated to the chosen theme, send them to the host of that swap with an SAE who will sort them all out and return one of each of the groups contributions. They can be decorated in any technique, materials of your choice. A time limit is applied to each swap which is usually a month but sometimes more time is given depending on the swap.

If you search the swaps forum it will give you a better idea of what we used to get up too!!!!

Hope this helps but do feel free to message me

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (50)
    I loved doing swaps this is one I hosted many years ago but crafting stash as changed and don’t think we use these type of things anymore. Maybe we could do a swap with more update stash.
    https://www.ukscrappers.co.uk/boards...Give+me+5+swap
    Hosting Christmas gift bag goodie swap

ADVENTures 2021 GROUP Swap

Christmas Stocking Swap 2020

View Gallery

I've never done a swap but would love to give it a try if the subject interested me.