Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > Special Forums > Cutting Machines - chat, help. templates > Cutting Machine Chat

Notices

Norfolk - just at the end of the yellow brick road
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)

Has anyone else noticed this?

Quote from MaryAnne on 17.11.22: "I have been on the verge of closing the doors for years, basically ever since I got ill. But now that Graphtec has declined sponsorship, it seems inevitable."

How sad is this? UKS has been here since before I got my first machine, and, whilst I have to admit I haven't been on here for a time, I for one would be so sad to see it finally close the doors to this part of the forum. I understand why though - I don't doubt that sponsorship is a lot to find in these cash-strapped times and businesses are struggling, plus socail media... well don't get me started on that one - I hate it! Can't we all try to make use of the site more and make it worth sponsoring? Just a thought folks. You have probably all forgotten who I am but never mind.

Andi

just don't call me The Boss MaryAnne's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (20)
    I know, I am quite sad, but given how quiet the forum is their decision to focus more on FB and less on UKS is understandable, is some way.

The bigger issue for machine users is once they stop sponsoring then the forum will disappear. That means all the resources that people have come back to grab when they need them won't be there next time. How easy it would have been to just drop a post or a comment every time you downloaded something to let them know how much you value UKS.

And to be clear Andi that isn't the YOU you but the generic one

I am still weighing my options but at the moment I am not thinking I will pull the pull on 1 January. So perhaps a little time still...

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (25)
    Quote Originally Posted by AndiDee View Post
    Quote from MaryAnne on 17.11.22: "I have been on the verge of closing the doors for years, basically ever since I got ill. But now that Graphtec has declined sponsorship, it seems inevitable."

How sad is this? UKS has been here since before I got my first machine, and, whilst I have to admit I haven't been on here for a time, I for one would be so sad to see it finally close the doors to this part of the forum. I understand why though - I don't doubt that sponsorship is a lot to find in these cash-strapped times and businesses are struggling, plus socail media... well don't get me started on that one - I hate it! Can't we all try to make use of the site more and make it worth sponsoring? Just a thought folks. You have probably all forgotten who I am but never mind.

Andi
    I agree with you Andi. As has been said before a lot (but not all) only come when they need help and aren't seen again till the next time help is needed. I'm not sure what the answer is to get people back again although as you say if they download something making a comment would show how many are still using the group. It's a shame because it used to be such a busy group used to be such a busy group.

View Gallery

I just adore UKScrappers and certainly hope you continue to thrive.
    Petrina

Dedicated Card Maker - Limited Sponsor - Shirley Anne's Avatar
    View Gallery

I would be sad to see it go and I always try to help when people ask questions. There used to be a time when someone from Graphtec would interact with this forum with advice and information but that hasn’t happened for ages.

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Shirley Anne View Post
    I would be sad to see it go and I always try to help when people ask questions. There used to be a time when someone from Graphtec would interact with this forum with advice and information but that hasn’t happened for ages.
    You often help people Shirley I still have the original Cameo so if help is needed with the later Cameo machines I can't help because I know nothing about what they can do.

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by DJG View Post
    You often help people Shirley I still have the original Cameo so if help is needed with the later Cameo machines I can't help because I know nothing about what they can do.
    You always help too Doreen as most problems are software related rather than machine specific.

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by DJG View Post
    As has been said before a lot (but not all) only come when they need help and aren't seen again till the next time help is needed. It's a shame because it used to be such a busy group.
    We all said that for a long while Doreen, thank you costs nothing, and a quick reply to say "thanks and your advice/help worked, or sadly it didn't make any difference" helps others too, plus it gives a nod to the person who suggested whatever changes to make. I'm getting old now and I know I am a pest who hates change, Graphtec have taken on another cutting machine, which has a large following I think, but it is telling that the folks who have the Scan&Cut have never posted on here to the best of my knowledge, even though the forum title was expanded to include that machine. I realise firms have to diversify to survive these days but I loved it that Brian, the fount of all knowledge, was always at the other end of the Graphtec phone line and no question was too stupid or insignificant that he didn't help you - those are the days I miss, like I said I'm getting old (but not quite daft yet!). This forum was a good chat and gossip place too, help, advice, a laugh, sympathy and condolence... we didn't really know each other but we were kind of "family" in a way. Perhaps I'm being a bit over-sentimental but we've all been changed by Covid if nothing else. Anyway now I've cheered you all up I'll be off, but I do visit often just to check up .

See you folks, stay warm and safe
    Andi

View Gallery

[QUOTE=AndiDee;6780991]We all said that for a long while Doreen, thank you costs nothing, and a quick reply to say "thanks and your advice/help worked, or sadly it didn't make any difference" helps others too, plus it gives a nod to the person who suggested whatever changes to make. I'm getting old now and I know I am a pest who hates change, Graphtec have taken on another cutting machine, which has a large following I think, but it is telling that the folks who have the Scan&Cut have never posted on here to the best of my knowledge, even though the forum title was expanded to include that machine. I realise firms have to diversify to survive these days but I loved it that Brian, the fount of all knowledge, was always at the other end of the Graphtec phone line and no question was too stupid or insignificant that he didn't help you - those are the days I miss, like I said I'm getting old (but not quite daft yet!). This forum was a good chat and gossip place too, help, advice, a laugh, sympathy and condolence... we didn't really know each other but we were kind of "family" in a way. Perhaps I'm being a bit over-sentimental but we've all been changed by Covid if nothing else. Anyway now I've cheered you all up I'll be off, but I do visit often just to check up .

See you folks, stay warm and safe
    Andi[/QUOTE

I'm no spring chicken either Andi. The number of times I've come on here and not even noticed the ScanNcut has been added to the forum title even though I know The Craft Store Direct (formerly Graphtec) sells them and I have a ScanNcut. I don't know many others on here have one. I' pretty sure I read Brian who is/was a member on here left Graphted=c some time ago or maybe I dreamt that lol

View Gallery

Then he is Graphtec's loss Doreen, he was so helpful to me when I had only just got my old CR and didn't have a clue... as was, and still is, this site. I was tempted by the ScanNCut and I also looked at the Cricut but to be honest I am not making the number of cards I used to, losses of family members and friends, plus the fact that other hobbies have come along, mean that my lovely Cameo3 is almost unused at the moment, I keep chiding myself to pull my finger out and get designing again but I lack motivation at the moment. Excuses, excuses! Something will get me fired up I'm sure (you do believe me. don't you?)

Hope you are well and have avoided Covid - at the moment I'm struggling to believe it's only 3 weeks to Christmas, where has that come from??

Andi

I guess one good thing that has come from my original post is that site traffic in this part of it has increased a little bit... that must have helped

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by AndiDee View Post
    Then he is Graphtec's loss Doreen, he was so helpful to me when I had only just got my old CR and didn't have a clue... as was, and still is, this site. I was tempted by the ScanNCut and I also looked at the Cricut but to be honest I am not making the number of cards I used to, losses of family members and friends, plus the fact that other hobbies have come along, mean that my lovely Cameo3 is almost unused at the moment, I keep chiding myself to pull my finger out and get designing again but I lack motivation at the moment. Excuses, excuses! Something will get me fired up I'm sure (you do believe me. don't you?)

Hope you are well and have avoided Covid - at the moment I'm struggling to believe it's only 3 weeks to Christmas, where has that come from??

Andi

I guess one good thing that has come from my original post is that site traffic in this part of it has increased a little bit... that must have helped
    Yes I believe you Andi. I did succumb to Covid earlier in the year even though I was up tp date with the jabs but I wouldn't have known except one of my daughters works in admin in a hospital and had to test herself regularly so when she got it I did a test and found I had it too but I had no symtoms. I'm nearly ready for Christmas...yesterday and today I've been cutting money wallets for those who prefer cash

View Gallery

Sad if Brian has gone but also sad that no else from Graphtec interacts with the forum. I guess it’s mostly use oldies who check in regularly. Anyway while the forum is still here I’ll take the opportunity to wish you all a happy and healthy Christmas and I will make you jealous by saying I am currently on a winter holiday and it is wonderful to be enjoying some lovely, warm sunshine- I hope I have made you jealous !!

View Gallery

Happy Christmas to you too Shirley and any other members who visit. I don't like travelling so don't go on holiday but some of your warm sunshine would be nice Shirley...... enjoy.