Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > General Scrapping

Notices

mumof4boys AND 1 GIRL!! lol mumof4boys's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (48)

Does anyone submit cards??

Just wondering if all those who make cards submit them and where to?? I dont get any card dedicated magazines so cant even look up to see if they take submissions - just thought some of the girls on here may regularly work for the magazines?

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (106)
    most of the card making magazines have a 'readers gallery', and/or post pictures of readers cards on the letters page. I've been making cards since January, but have yet to pluck up the courage to send any in!!

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (33)
    Hi Hun

If you visit any of the cardmaking mag forums they usually post when they are looking for cards, I know cardmaking & Papercraft do, also if you email simply cards and papercraft they will usually tell you what the themes are for the coming months galleries. HTH

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (33)
    oooh hi Cheryl, you need to get sendin' gal

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    Crafts Beautiful mag website has a gallery and often a monthly competition for cards submitted

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Kel
    oooh hi Cheryl, you need to get sendin' gal

Hi yourself Kel !!

I'm just about finding my way around on here, but there's far too many boards for me to get to grips with it yet

View Gallery

thanks girls - knew i could rely on you

Hi cheryl - welcome to the board, i know it looks like a big place to start with but give it a little while and you will feel right at home and never away from the place

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by mumof4boys
    Hi cheryl - welcome to the board, i know it looks like a big place to start with but give it a little while and you will feel right at home and never away from the place
    Thanks

I actually know Kel from a (primarily) card making forum, and she's been a real 'font of all knowledge' following a scrapbooking class I went to yesterday -- and hated! So here I am, but I've no idea how I'm going to manage to keep up-to-date on 2 forums, and work, and run our house, and look after 2 teenage boys (plus a daughter who's moved out with 2 girls of her own!), and do all my crafting. Don't think I'm bothering with Christmas this year, 'cos I just don't have the time for it

edited to say I didn't get on with the instructor -- it's not scrapbooking I hate!

View Gallery

well you have joined the right forum here as we are all manic and its only fit that we all let you use our time turner (a la hermione granger) - its the only way to get anything done when you spend all day running after others and whiling away hours on here!!

View Gallery

Hi, I hope you don't mind others jumping into the conversation, but with only just recently starting to make more than the odd cards myself, I was wondering about posting on this forum and magazine submissions. Are cards accepted onto the ukscrappers forum galleries?

Regarding the housework; it's amazing just how quick you can get it done so that you can have those extra...erm... cough.... minutes (HOURS) on the forum and crafting.

Joanne

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (9)
    Damkina, we're a nosy lot and love looking at anything! There's a card section in the gallery, along with several other different sections. Looking forward to seeing your work!
    Jo x

A founder member of the mad Sues club
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (23)
    Practical crafts is a good mag to send cards to. You don`t get them back but they are sold for Charity and you get prizes for card of the month.
    Sue

View Gallery

I'm on the laptop with no scanner at the moment, but I'll make a request to the family to see if they'll let me loan the cards I made and will post them onto the gallery later in the week. Does this sound a bit cheeky?

I'm just getting together the bits and bobs to make a Roman themed one for my sons 18th in January. He won't see it until then, but I'll post it as soon as it's done.

Joanne

Scrapaholic Club Organiser Lynn Donnelly's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (6)
    I've submitted and had some cards published in Cardmaking & Papercraft and Quick Cards Made Easy magazines. I photographed them and sent by e-mail. I got some little goodies for having them published, which was nice but just good to see your things in a mag.
    Must get round to submitting some LO's.
    Lynn

View Gallery

thanks lynn - off to hunt down some mags tomorrow to get the email addresses