Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > General Scrapping

Notices

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (44)
    Quote Originally Posted by beth.hiccups
    Maria you are a saint!

You home school your daughters? I only have one, dear little tear away that she is. I gave up my job to stay home with her (well I was made redundant while I was pregnant and figured not many people were going to employ a big fat hormonal pregnant woman!) and I CAN'T WAIT until she starts school!

I love her to pieces but it will be lovely to have some Beth-free time!
    I'm the one rocking and dribbling in the corner
    Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we might as well dance.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (10)
    No I don't get lonely at all, my husband visits me in my room every so often (to bring me cups of tea). If I had to scrap in the same room as the rest of the family I wouldn't do half as much as I do, what with a 10 month old baby and a husband who watches any sport which is on the television whenever I am not around (and sometimes when I am). It also gives him some time alone with our son as I spend all day with him.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (21)
    Hi Sarah - I live alone anyway, and like my own space, so when I come to my scrapping room it's really just to save me making a mess in the living room and having to clear it all up halfway through whatever I'm doing! My craft room can (and does) get in a real mess and I have a massive clearup every couple of weeks - in my last home I didn't have a room I could use and often wouldn't get my stuff out because I couldn't face clearing it all away again. I don't really get lonely, but if I do my computer is in the same room so I can always come on here!

Love the thought of those of you with DHs etc, scrapping away and chatting to them at the same time though. Conjures up a lovely cosy picture!

Kerry x

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (57)
    i am never lonely in my craft room as my husband sits opposite me and crafts..he is painting soldiers at the moment so he is in there sometimes more than me..!!LOL
    he is great he will set up the room as i want..shelving etc..helps sort it out when it gets chaotic..so i get the best of both worlds..I do live in a bungalow though so i am never far away ansd yes i do take stuff in the front room to do..in fact everyroom is becoming my craft room..lol
    carole
    www.ribbonmad.co.uk reopen under new ownership....

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (14)
    I have a dedicated scrap room but Nij has his computer in one corner so is iusually in there too when at home.
    However, I spend most of my time alone in the house as he works long hours and I get long holidays from school so I guess I don't notice the lonliness as much as some of you may.

And - even though I have a dedicated room, I clear the desk every single night, putting everything away and leaving any work in progress in my 'in progress' tray which never has more than one LO in it.
    Not sure if I am disciplined or just anally compulsive! LOl

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (21)
    Quote Originally Posted by scrapdolly
    ... I clear the desk every single night, putting everything away and leaving any work in progress in my 'in progress' tray which never has more than one LO in it. Not sure if I am disciplined or just anally compulsive! LOl
    Karen

Just to reassure you. You are anally compulsive!

(I'm just jealous)

Kerry x

Dedicated Scrapper Lily_My_Lovely's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (50)
    Yes... I feel lonely in my scraproom.

When I first started scrapping I set a desk up in DH's den... he was always up there playing Xbox or watching a movie and I was up there scrapping (it was more like our second, more casual, front room)... but soon my stash took over his room (even covering his beloved Lazy Boy), so I moved into the back bedroom - the scrap room.

At first I thought it was great, I had cupboards to put my stash in and space to spread out... but soon the novelty wore off and I started to feel lonely up there!!

So much so, that a few weeks ago when I came home from Scrappers Paradise, I wheeled my tote into the conservatory (off the lounge) and started scrapping in there. I can chat to DH through the door and listen to the TV and laugh with DH at the silly stuff he watches.

So... whats the plan stan? I might relinquish my scraproom... and move back into the Den with DH...

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (5)
    LOL Lily - how long did it take you to cover that huge table with scrapping goodies !!
    Lyn

Today is a gift - that's why it's called the present Jools's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (34)
    I usually retreat to my craft room (dh calls it my tip) after dinner when dh likes to read or watch tv. I hate the television - can't bear to sit and watch it unless I am cross stitching and with my awkward hand at the moment I can't sew, so I enjoy the peace of my craft room.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (17)
    It is just me and my DD. So when she goes to bed I retreat in there! I dont get lonely in there at all. I can leave everything where it is. The big advantage is that it does not create a mess in any other room in the house. I can make as much mess as I like (and i do) and close the door to it all! Not saying the rest of the house is clean as it is not but it is less messy than my little scrap room!

Happy Scrapper - Professional Thread Killer lesleyuk's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (12)
    I haven't got a scraproom but do end up sitting at the dining table by myself most night. DH takes up residence to the front room and will shout things like are you watching channel 4 but he usually comes in and asks if I want anything cutting. I always say no cos he wastes so much paper compared to how I use my sizzix. I make sure that we have a couple of evenings when I don't craft but then I am normally knackered and I fall asleep . I do feel a bit guilty about how much time I spend crafting but I do loads for ebay and DH knows thats making money so never complains.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (9)
    We have converted the loft, and that's my little sanctuary, my husband works away so there's just my dd and myself at home most of the time, I have everything up here including my computer, a television and a radio, all I need is a kettle and fridge and I am self supportive, my daughter calls it my wendy house or my play-pen, and friends laugh about the time I spend up here but I love it and wouldn't change it, when I finish I just close it off until the next time.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (16)
    I love my scrap room because it means I can scrap when I get five minutes without worrying about little hands getting it during the day. I don't have to worry about putting stuff up out of the way, I simply walk out the door and lock it.
    At night time the door is wide open and either Steve is in here on the big computer, or the other side of the door in the living room on the laptop, where we can still hear each other.
    Jem
    Life may not be the party we hoped for,
    but while we are here we might as well dance.
    All My Own Photos CJ *host ALICAT* ~~~~ Just One Stamp CJ *host Jem*.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (41)
    I love my scrap room, it is my little piece of heaven
    my room is downstairs so I can easily talk to DH when i am in there, but he is usually watching a film or sport so doesn't answer very often!!!
    He will pop in now and again to bring me coffee or chocolate (got him well trained)
    when the kids are awake i have one or the other sitting with me chatting about their day, it is lovely and they love my room as much as me.
    DH now calls it 'mums room' and he doesn't mind me being in there; as long as i am happy then he is

I don't think i would be so happy about being in there on my own if it were upstairs though, a bit too isolated from the rest of the house!
    I wouldn't change you for the world, but I would happily change the world for you. Nicola Girdlestone(1966-)my flicker
    My scrap blog

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (23)
    DH has his own room to play in !! I listen to music and enjoy myself. If I'm lucky he might shout up and ask if I want a cup of tea!