Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > General Scrapping

Notices

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (17)
    I'm just doing my 2nd ever tin - my first was only a small one though, and this is a 2.5l, but I'm def addicted to doing this!

Your tins are great, really lovely ideas.

And now I have a request?!!!

Would you mind putting in pics of the joins in the paper as that's where i really need some inspiration - for hiding the joins!

My 1st tin I hand cut a tiny "All mine!" (it was a chocolate tin!) and mounted it and stuck it on top of the join, but now I've got 2 joins to cover!!!

Oh, and don't know what went on with the deleted posts but I for one am pleased that these items have attention drawn to them, so well done you for mentioning it!

Bernie X
    Happy to CT for
    Aimee Harrison Design Studios, A-Liya, Creative Victorian Designs, Feli Designs, JoeG Designs, Maguette Scrap Design, SherieJD, Snickerdoodle Design by Karen & ViVa Artistry

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (11)
    bernie...ink the edges of the paper...or run ribbon down them

View Gallery

ribbon I was thinking of - inking would draw attention to them, and they don't match up!!!!
    Thanks Lemon!!
    Bernie X
    Happy to CT for
    Aimee Harrison Design Studios, A-Liya, Creative Victorian Designs, Feli Designs, JoeG Designs, Maguette Scrap Design, SherieJD, Snickerdoodle Design by Karen & ViVa Artistry

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (3)
    Bernie - i glued mine with PVA glue and you can't see the joins at all!!!

Never look down on anyone unless you are helping them up. Mammy Hen's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (12)
    Maybe I should try this Vicki you are having so much fun!

Mary
    Mary

View Gallery

I think Modge Podge is much like PVA isn't it?! My edges are together it's just the pattern that's not matching in that place!!!

have decided to put some pale pink lack over it first then some pink gingham ribbon on top of that, and follow those thro' onto the handle with the other 60000 ribbons I've bought!!!

It is fun doing these - I just wish I didn'[t have this stinking manflu that's sucking out all my energy, or I'd be on my 6th by now, not my 2nd!!

Bernie X
    Happy to CT for

View Gallery

bernie - that sounds great, i hope you post photos!!! i'm going to try some ATC's today LOL should be fun!!!

View Gallery

Now there's something I really don't 'get' - must be art for art's sake, which is great, but what do peeps do with them when they're all done? Display them somehow? Or do they end up in abox like all our 'real' photos from the old days (as opposed to digi ones on CDRs!!!!)

Will watch with interest to see what you do!!!

Bernie X
    Happy to CT for

View Gallery

i'm doing one to put on a LO of my nephews feet - with his little sandles on!!!

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (43)
    Quote Originally Posted by BernieTuffs
    Now there's something I really don't 'get' - must be art for art's sake, which is great, but what do peeps do with them when they're all done? Display them somehow? Or do they end up in abox like all our 'real' photos from the old days (as opposed to digi ones on CDRs!!!!)

Will watch with interest to see what you do!!!

Bernie X
    Bernie - most people trade or give away at least some of their atcs (which for me is what makes it fun) and display their collection in some kind of album. The fabulous thing about them is that they are so small they don't take too long to make and you can try out all kinds of new and different techniques and just have a bit of a play but still have something to show for it at the end. Am I making sense?
    Donna x
    My Blog
    Slinky Pink Scrappers

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (71)
    Hmm, it's something I would like to try, but I wasn't sure what to do with them either. I looked on the ATC thread, but I couldn't make out how to "join" or whatever.
    Jay
    Star Wars CC Oct 05; Mardi Gras CC April 06; Summer Scrapin Holiday CC Aug 06; Harry Potter CC Nov 06; Mad Hatters CC April 07; Oscars CC April 08; Happy Birthday CC Oct 07; Whodunnit CC Feb 09
    My Blog

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (2)
    You girls are inspiring me! Stop it, I have housework to do yer know
    Great altering, girls and you're having fun I can tell!

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (43)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay
    Hmm, it's something I would like to try, but I wasn't sure what to do with them either. I looked on the ATC thread, but I couldn't make out how to "join" or whatever.
    Jay - pop over to the ATC trading thread and introduce yourself. Once you've traded a few I think you can join in the monthly swap. If you need more info pm lalheg (Laura). HTH.
    Donna x
    My Blog
    Slinky Pink Scrappers

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (71)
    Thanks for that DeeDee.I think I will do that.
    Jay
    Star Wars CC Oct 05; Mardi Gras CC April 06; Summer Scrapin Holiday CC Aug 06; Harry Potter CC Nov 06; Mad Hatters CC April 07; Oscars CC April 08; Happy Birthday CC Oct 07; Whodunnit CC Feb 09
    My Blog

The Other Man in My Life! Scrappin Sarah's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (13)
    Just found this thread. Vicki your tins are lovely. I haven't had the nerve to try and do one yet.