Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > General Scrapping

Notices

I love Santa this much!! beckymischief's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (49)

Whats best book about circle journals etc?

I want to find out a bit more about doing a circle journal before i get mt hands on someone elses lol. whats the best book to buy please?
    Loves Becky
    http://chimeracrafts.blogspot.com/
    12 days of xmas swap

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (45)
    Id be interested in a recommendation for a good book too.
    Lesley

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (29)
    No book but there are loads of info on the CJ sites - have a look at ours as Elfin is kind and looking after us newbie's and gave us loads of guidance. (Groovy Newbie's)

Personal learning style but I am a jump in with both feet person and enjoying it as a result. Loving seeing others work and you get to stroke and study it for a couple of weeks while you do a LO!

Good luck and go for it!

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (54)
    the Lil Davis book Full Circle is gorgeous - but very much 'eye candy' rather than practical advice about taking part in a circle journal - also most of the entries are in an art journal kind of stylee which is common for American CJs - whereas over here you see a cleaner approach usually - more like 'normal' scrapbooking but on a smaller scale.

Having said all that, I'd still recommend it, it's a beautiful book - and if you want the practical stuff all you really need to know is in the UKS library.
    Blog (warning, here be spoilers!) / Art Journals / Be-Stitched CJ

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (11)
    I love the Somerset Studios book, True colors. Again it's not a how to do it book, just copies of the cjs from a circle of very talented people.

Alternatively, not a book, but lots and lots of examples of cjs and different themes, I would suggest looking at the 2peas site.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (2)
    I'd definately recommend looking in the gallery at what UKSers have done if you want a scrapbooking style of CJ but I've also taken part in other non-UKS CJs which have been more arty/altered art style.

At the end of the day you end up doing something in your own style and the more you do, the more practised you are and happy with the end result.

I've got a couple of CJ's of done awhile ago and I can definitely see that I've 'improved' over time. That is I'm happier with what I do now compared to my early days.
    Bridget