Quote Originally Posted by josie*durham
Does anyone know when the replacement cutting pads are expected to arrive in the UK? There is a fault on most of the first batch of machines sold - the plates crack when used to cut foam etc.

I have received mixed answers as to when I can hope to get my replacements. In the meantime my machine is useless. I kept trying and each time the piece got smaller and smaller. I should have stopped, but you now how it is when you want to finish something.........
Hi, one cracked then broke when I used it just to cut card!
I've been told they will be flown in this week..........they said that about the actual machines every week for 5 weeks though, until it finally arrived! I will be on the phone to the supplier of mine again tomorrow!
meanwhile, I went to B&Q and got a large sheet of clear plastic like you use for shed windows, only trouble is they sell it in 2mm or 4mm thicknesses and our cutting mats are 3mm thick, so I bought the 2mm and partner cut it into pieces of similar size (he reckons you could get about 15 to a 4ft x 2ft sheet, which cost nearly £10), anyway I tried it with 2 on bottom and 1 on top and it immediately broke the top one (too flimsy), so I then used on on bottom with a piece of thinnish plastic stuff taped to it for extra thickness, and the original unbroken one on top, so far, carefully I can cut a few things, but not much and still expect something to break all the time! It's better than nothing, although I've just replaced the sizzix I gave away Monday - just hours before my cutting pad broke!!!!
I heard too that they had the same problem when the sidekick came out - do these companies never learn, or are all crafters too forgiving because we like the products?
Hazel