Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > General Scrapping

Notices

beyond help...so don't even try eaton0171's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (27)

bloomin herma!!!!!!!!!!

knew i shoul have saved that link a few weeks ago.......ok mine is playing up big time now...can anyone give me the link to the instructions on how to fix your herma dispenser when it starts playing up!!!!!!

mine is the blue one with square stickies
    NIAMH

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (3)
    found this one that talks about the tab dispenser.
    What problem are you having?
    Joanne, Scotland
    Likes and Dislikes My Blog

View Gallery

the problem is it doesn't perform smoothly...once the tab goes on the paper it isn't realling in at all...i am having to pick the squares off and manually roll it in!!!!!!!!!
    NIAMH

Dedicated Scrapper princessmowgli's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (43)
    Saw it mentioned just the other day about tearing off the plastic tab on the inner wheel, if that makes any sense...prob not! I know...I'm rubbish.

Sonia

I am the penguin, Koo koo ka choo __TJ__'s Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (32)
    princessmowgli the tab thing is for the herma rolla dots thing, not the tab dispenser. niamh re the tab dispenser i gave upp after weeks of trying ( not a newbie scrapper then either, it weas embarrassing!) and went back to herma dots. you run the dispenser over the page like normal but instead of leaving a trail of misplaces tabs it leaves teeny little dots of either repy or perma herma glue. you can also rub them away with your finger if they go in the wrong place. just keep them away form the front of your photos if you print your own cos the finish will be ruined if you get herma on them
    I Live in Canada I got three kids, two dogs and "some" hens. 🐓 oh and three goats!!! And I make cheese now. Blessed are the cheesemakers. 🧀🐐🐐🐐🦆🦆
    "Not worse is almost as good as better" Terry Pratchett speaking about altzimers, but it works for Aspergers too.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (3)
    i usually run the square tabs on to my finger and then apply them to a surface
    Joanne, Scotland
    Likes and Dislikes My Blog

View Gallery

yep i am gonna do the same i think...it'sdriving me nuts and cutting into my scrapping time......never ever gonna get another one of these...dots for e from now on!!!!!!!!!!

thanks girls
    NIAMH

I am the penguin, Koo koo ka choo __TJ__'s Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (32)
    than you will need this... deffo doctor your herma dots dispenser. never had a prob with mine since
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I Live in Canada I got three kids, two dogs and "some" hens. 🐓 oh and three goats!!! And I make cheese now. Blessed are the cheesemakers. 🧀🐐🐐🐐🦆🦆
    "Not worse is almost as good as better" Terry Pratchett speaking about altzimers, but it works for Aspergers too.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (20)
    No clue to the tabs prob because I loathe tabs at the best of times! lol...

But I haven't had to mutilate my dot dispenser. I find it can get 'funky' when at or past the half way mark, when there's a lot of left over paper on the little wheel. I simply pull all the waste paper off the wheel, tear it at a logical point and resit it in the slit. Works a treat every time

View Gallery

oh thanks ladies!!!!!!!!!!!!!...just about out of dots....m wonder if i will be calling on you again when it comes to replace the real haha

and thanks lots Tracey...I can see you have much experience lol.....have made a mental note of the bit i need to remove if my dots ever muck me about!!!!!!!
    NIAMH

Handbag, shoe and choco - holic! Bluemoonjules's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (13)
    The mutilation failed to make any difference to my herma.........
    - 6.25% Welsh -

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (14)
    'circumcising' my herma - as TJ called it - didn't help mine either. I use white spirit to clean it and it works a bit but in the end - if you are using permanent dots - ditch it and get a new dispenser.
    I use a reel almost a reel a week so have to replace my dispenser from time to time

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (71)
    I read this with interest. i recently bought a herma thingy - it's the one with dots - and I can't work it to save my life. It was suggested I had the angle wrong, but I've tried every which way ( even upside down) and still it won't turn and leave any dots on my paper. Blinking waste of money I think.
    Jay
    Star Wars CC Oct 05; Mardi Gras CC April 06; Summer Scrapin Holiday CC Aug 06; Harry Potter CC Nov 06; Mad Hatters CC April 07; Oscars CC April 08; Happy Birthday CC Oct 07; Whodunnit CC Feb 09
    My Blog

Cambridge in New Zealand (town of the trees)was Liverpool
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (6)
    I found the tab thing a pain in the rear, so i chucked it!!! I loved the xyron runner, but they were out of stock all the time!!! I am back on herma dots now! I did give mine the 'snip' with the plastic thingy and work great. The only thing is i think i have repo as it doesn't seem too stick some of my things down. I thought repo went perm in the end?????? Anyway have found a spare reel which i know is perm (still in the box) will try that!
    SSF Team CJ 2008 target 52 los completed = 3 Mini books completed = 2

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (46)
    I'm sure I read on here somewhere that you can put the dispensers through the dishwasher if they get gunked up with sticky I've not tried it, but it's worth a go before throwing it and buying a new one