Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > General Scrapping

Notices

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)

Old photo negatives.

Hi
    I have about 100 old negatives (box Brownie camera, photos 50yr old). Some I would dearly love to 'see' properly and then 'scrap' but have no idea how to convert them. I have a slide converter and a programme to convert slide/film but it won't do these negs. Has anyone out there any idea how I can sort this without paying a kings ransom? Many thanks to anyone who can help.

Im a Lavender lovely!! sarahmax's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (28)
    Hi Suejay,
    Other than you buying a negative scanner, you could try asking at your local college for the photography tutor to advise you, they may be of use to show his students and you may get some advice in return, just an idea!
    I have the name of a good site that im sure you will get good advice from, i will pm you now.
    Sarah

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (20)
    I managed to scan some of ours the other day, BUT I had to scan them bit by bit, placing the negative in the right place then moving up and rescanning and on. Then open them all in photo type software and layer them back together.

Once you do one you quickly get the hang of it. Time consuming but worth it.

Sprinkle a little happiness wherever you go Hils's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (17)
    Sue, is it a flat scanner you are using? Cos I tried these for my slides, but got a much, much better result with a proper, purpose-made slide scanner (got one cheap from eBay I can blow my slides up to 5x7 now (haven't tried bigger yet) and the pic quality is still really good
    Hils