Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > General Scrapping

Notices

Page 32 of 34 FirstFirst ... 223031323334 LastLast
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (1)
    does anyone have any joanns vouchers please?- am out there on moday and can't wait!!

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (32)
    I'd like some too please if anyone has any - out next Saturday. Woohoo!!
    Ruth

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (85)
    We got back from Orlando on Friday and this is our resort report. All directions are based on the Central Florida Guide map, its quite big around A4 size (square really and orange), go into a Dennys as soon as you get there and get one. Very useful, I used it for all our Orlando navigating; if you go outside Orlando you will need a proper map though

Joann’s is fab; they have a really good Superstore on the 192 between Poinciana Blvd and Medieval times, both marked on the guide map. Also a big one at Waterford Lakes and another one on Colonial Drive. Waterford Lakes is a very large retail park full of both small shops and large shops; you can't really walk round it you have to drive round the roads to find the shops.

There is a really good ACMoore on Colonial Drive that is defiantly worth a look. If you travel that way to Waterford Lakes you will pass it on the left hand side, set back a bit from the road so keep an eye out. Colonial Drive is a bit of a slog of a road with loads of traffic lights, but if you want to go to Waterford Lakes its worth coping with the road as you pass both a Joann’s Superstore and a ACMoore between coming off the I4 and getting to Waterford Lakes.

Don’t bother with the Joann’s at the Florida Mall it is a tiny one but The Scrapbook Boutique at the Florida Mall will be open; it is opening early next week.

I went to Memory Lane at Hoffner avenue and she had some nice paper but not much else, she is trying to sell the shop. I don’t think the small LSS's can compete against the big chains.

I didn't think much of Michaels it is very expensive compared to Joann’s and AC Moore

Crafts and Stuff is a small chain of craft shops, there is one at Waterford Lakes and it is very good, well worth a look

Wal-Mart is your cheapest place for Cricut as they are $55.00 a cartridges and the tote is $50.00. The machine is $179.00. There is a very good Wal-Mart on the 192, and also on the 535 between the I4 and the 192. I didn’t see any of the new Cricut carts though.

I didn’t find any craft stuff at Target worth getting, certainly not any Cricut stuff.

Hobby Lobby is in Ocala, its not near the Blue Springs State park as previously quoted, we think the person who said it was close to Blue Springs got it mixed up with the Silver Springs State park as it looks like that is near Hobby Lobby. We went to the Blue Springs State Park and it then took us nearly 2 hours to drive across Florida from East to West to get to Ocala. Hobby Lobby is a lovely shop though just a pity we got their so late as they close at 8pm, I would have liked longer. It would probably take about and hour and a half if you drove to Ocala straight from Orlando, we found it easy enough just using the directions on the web site, but I did have a proper Florida map to follow.

We didn’t get to Whim-so-doodle as we ended up spending all day at the Fantasy of Flight Air Museum at Polk City it is a fantastic place and well worth a visit if you like old aircraft. (or your DH’s and DS’s do). You have the opportunity to fly in a 4 passenger biplane for about $60 each or take a flying lesson in a Boeing Stearman PT 17 Trainer, its also a biplane and you get a briefing followed by 30 minute flying lesson for $200, DH did it and loved it, the more confident you are the more you can do, DH says you cant get any better than doing lazy 8’s while flying a biplane in just your T-Shirt and smelling the orange blossom, the flight isn’t over the airfield but at least I could photograph the take off and landing!

The best LSS we found was on the way to the Blue Springs State Park. Its Scrapbook Extraordinaire, it was a wonderful shop (sells homemade ice-cream as well!); it had the most modern stuff we found including some new CHA stuff! It’s signposted off the 17-92 which is the road we used to get to the Blue Springs State park. You take the I4 to get to the 17-92

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (64)
    Quote Originally Posted by jaffacat
    I thought the shop near Blue Springs was called Hobby Lobby, but its not its called, Crafts 'n' Stuff. It is a very good shop with loads of scrapping stuff, good prices and worth a trip to. There is also another shop near by called Scrapbook Extraordinaire which I didn't visit but it looks very good on their web site. Hobby Lobby is near to Silver Springs (so many different coloured springs!!) also near Silver Springs is a shop called the Rag Shop (sounds horrible)it is mainly fabric, but it has quite a bit of scrapping stuff in it to. Its a bit like Joanns only not as big, but they often have specail offers on scrapping stuff.
    can I just mention that she did correct herself about Hobby Lobby being near Blue Springs.

View Gallery

can I just mention that she did correct herself about Hobby Lobby being near Blue Springs.
    I wasn't moaning just pointing out what we found out, I haven't read the thread for the last three weeks as we didn't have any internet access while we were away. The last thing we had time for was a visit to an internet cafe, I only had the information up until 7th March.

I did go in the Crafts n Stuff near Hobby Lobby but that had the same stuff as the one at the Florida Mall.

As Jaffacat suspected Scrapbook Extraordinaire is very good and much better than Crafts n Stuff.

Unfortunately both Scrapbook Extraordinaire and Hobby Lobby are worth a visit but they are in two differnet directions from Orlando, Scrapbook Extraordinaire is North East and Hobby Lobby is North West. I wouldn't want to chose between them but if I did I would choose Hobby Lobby
    Last edited by Josieanne; 01-04-2007 at 02:09 PM.

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    Hi Michaels has a ad this week 50% off item and the Cricut is 139.99 the 50% is for today and again Friday Cricut while supplies last 4 12x12 papers are a dollar they have a big sale all week loads of items also remember ad will be honored at Ac.Moores hope this helps

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (20)
    thankyou for all your information we are going to visit blue spring state park and will pop into the appropriate shop.we went to silver springs 9 years ago so dh wouldnt go again so sound like i have a good choice of scrapbook shops to choose from , never been to a target or walmart so will try wal mart for my cricut thanks so much we go on thursday and trying to sort stuff out its so exciting i cant think straight

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (64)
    hope this isn't a stoopid question, but can I just ask anyone who has bought / will be buying a Cricut - does it run OK on our power and plug, or are you just buying it to keep in the US for when you go again? I know it's an absolute bargain, but obviously not if it can't be used properly.

View Gallery

Dee post this question in its own thread in General Scrapping as I know some users have bought from the states to use it over here, I think you need a transformer as the voltage is different and it won't have a warrenty. I was tempted before I went away to bring one home but in the end i bought my cricut in the UK and just my carts, blades and mats in the US.

View Gallery

are ther any micheals vouchers this week someone would email to me please

very proud mum to a southern region championship 2009 cheerleader!! fiona2277's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (15)
    the scrapbook store in downtown disney is called disneys wonderful world of memorys i found this on it

Disney's Wonderful World of Memories
    Offers a new collection of Walt Disney World-branded scrapbook supplies, including albums, pre-packaged kits, adhesive tape pens, glue sticks, scissors, and a wide assortment of colorful Disney stickers. Also available are Disney books, stationery, pens and postcards, plus several stations where guests can create scrapbook pages and postcards. Disney’s Wonderful World of Memories is located next to Art of Disney and replaces the 2R’s Reading and Riting shop.

looks good its number 39 on the downtown map if that helps!! im going in sept so i will be calling in there for sure!!! just dont let the DH know !!LOL

fionaxx

and her cheeky little monkey! Natbag's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (26)
    I have a 40% off coupon valid until April 18 - valid in store and online. If anyone wants a copy just pm your email address.
    Natalie x
    Member of Doodlin' Daisies team & Green Buttons house
    My Blog
    365 days

Charlotte at 21 months with WILD hair rach2705's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (6)
    The scrapbook place in Downtown Disney is OK although nothing out of the ordinary that I couldn't find in the big Disney Store at DD. There are some other bits and pieces from Jolees in there so it is worth a look.
    Rachel

very proud mum to a southern region championship 2009 cheerleader!! fiona2277's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (15)
    oh that sounds disapointing! it sounded really good in the advert oh well i think i will have a look any way since im there!!!lol i didnt do srapbookin only cross stitch last time i went so havent looked before but i did go to the michaels off i drive and it was ok but i will deff go again
    fionaxx

View Gallery

cant beleive micheals has cricut for $139.99 thats less than £80 !!!!! we dont fly out till thurs please dont all buy them i want one soooooo bad iam so near yet sooooooo farrrrr wish i could save one till i got there