Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > General Scrapping

Notices

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (44)
    I have Norton and UKS is the only site I have problems with and it is a recent occurence. It does seem to happen in certain threads but I can't remember which ones.

I keep getting the page not available screen or a message saying I've been attacked - More usually the page not available.
    Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we might as well dance.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (21)
    I had no problem until about a fortnight ago. Like you Maria it only happens in some threads.

Handbag, shoe and choco - holic! Bluemoonjules's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (13)
    I have Windows XP firewall and Norton Firewall and no problem..........so it CAN'T just be those things - wierd!
    Last edited by Bluemoonjules; 21-02-2006 at 04:15 PM.
    - 6.25% Welsh -

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (14)
    there are many versions of norton (internet security, just anti-virus etc. etc.) plus different year versions and then of course different set ups on peoples machines (plus of course some people auto upload new updates, some don't...), so it is quite possible that norton maybe affecting some people and not others... I have had probs and my version is recent and I have live update set to run weekly... but since I added UKS to my trusted sites I have not had one incident of it, but Fiona has, so it is quite a mystery...
    nicci
    TIP IN PAGE SWAP

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (18)
    I have Norton and only have problems with UKS... also a person who is in the tickled pink and the bottle top swap is in my team

How do you allow UKS?!?!?! as I usually have to switch off anti virus protection when on here, which for obvious reasons I am not happy about???

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (14)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicci24lego
    Hi guys

Yep Charly, I'm sure it is Norton 's Intruder Prevention that is blocking UKS, as the minimum time set for allowing you back in, defaults to half an hour, the only other way to overide it is to reboot your machine, which is what a lot of people have resorted to doing...

The way I have got round the problem is to add www.ukscrappers.co.uk to your list of trusted sites in the Personal Firewall section of Norton. Go to Personal Firewall, press configure and then click the networking tab at the top. Then press Add... and type in the ukscrappers website address in the box... that should solve the problem...

But it would be useful to find out what the blinkies contain that trigger the autoblock mechanism in Norton, obviously, in case they are harmful... can't help with tracking which are the triggers now, as I've not got the problem LOL!

Hopefully the upgrade of the boards and the subsequent limit on sigs and blinkies will mean this may not happen in the future...
    My post above explains it.. give it a try and let me know if it works for you...
    nicci
    TIP IN PAGE SWAP

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (29)
    I`ve been getting alot of problems with UKS freezing but only for the last week. I do also get quite a few threat alerts come up- I didn`t even think of connecting them to browsing on here- but yes, I then can`t get on for a while afterwards- I usually then give up and turn the computer off. Have no idea if its certain threads ie. with particular blinkies or not- I do know I definately cannot access a Library Font thread that I`ve been trying to look at on here.
    Oh- and I have the newest version of Norton as I have a new computer.

View Gallery

I've added UKS to my safe list - Thanks for that Nicci

I'll try and remember to keep a note of where the problem arises and report back
    Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we might as well dance.

I must not buy stash, I must not buy stash!! Charly's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (19)
    Thanks for all your help everyone i will try adding UKS to my trusted sites and see if that helps!

I find it only happens with certain thread and started happening when i noticed the bottle top & tickled pink cj blinkies but it also happens a lot near a particular user who's avatar is just showing the little red cross in a white bok so maybe it is that like Smaz said?!

View Gallery

Right i have added UKS as an trusted site and gone to the thread i was having problems with to test it but it still chucked me out.

It has only been happening recently since i noticed the blinkies but could also be the persons avatar as the user is a part of the threads i have tried

Is there anything we can do maybe someone can contact the user so we can see if it is there avatar?!

If that is the problem i am not saying it is there fault but would like to sort it as to be honest it is really starting to bug me now and i am not a all happy about turning norton off while on UKS

View Gallery

I've not had any problems since I added UKS to my safe list.

Do you want me to try the thread that chucks you out Charly? You can pm me the details if you want.

View Gallery

Thanks Maria I will PM you the link to the thread

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (41)
    O.K, i have been having the same trouble as described and have just put UKS in my trusted sites list.
    I have noticed that there is some sort of pattern as in, when i go on certain threads, but have never been quick enough to work out the pattern to it.

I also only have norton firewall activated, have norton internet security and regularly update.
    Here's hoping this will sort the problem out, i will let you all know of it works

niki
    I wouldn't change you for the world, but I would happily change the world for you. Nicola Girdlestone(1966-)my flicker
    My scrap blog