Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > Special Forums > Cutting Machines - chat, help. templates > Cutting Machine Chat

Notices

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (88)

Does anyone know?

I just wondered if anyone knows if you can buy a spare power lead for the robo? I would like to be able to take mine to crops freely with my laptop but the mains leads goes around the back of my desk, it's a corner desk so I can't easily remove it! The USB cable isn't a problem, just the power lead! Does anybody know?
    Thanks
    Hugs Karen x

I'm a Chorley Rose!

My blog

View Gallery

Just to add, i've looked on the grahtec site but can't find anywhere to conact them!!
    Hugs Karen x

I'm a Chorley Rose!

My blog

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    I'm not in the shop right now and can't look,but any power lead that is the same voltage/amps(output) would do as long as it had the same end on it.Of course I am speaking from the US but I assume its the same in the UK. I know here you can buy universal leads(transformers) that have adjustments for different amps/volts.I have a box full,I buy every one I see at yard sales for $1 or less and they do come in handy.
    You might try getting the voltage/amps off of the lead,and look on sites that sell laptop parts for one of the same rating.Another good source is old printers. Again let me say that as long as it has the same rated power OUTPUT,it should work.
    OK,I looked it up.It has an output of 24V (1.875 A) The apple IBook G4 uses the same so it shouldn't be hard to find one.
    Last edited by HPoirot36; 19-06-2006 at 12:32 AM. Reason: addition

View Gallery

Thanks for the advice, I had thought about trying to source an universal one but i'm just a bit concerned. I'd like to see if I can get a craft robo one first, if not I might look down the compatible route. It's just i'll be using it away from home and i'd rather have the proper lead in case anything could go wrong!
    Hugs Karen x

I'm a Chorley Rose!

My blog

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    Graphtec (G Ltd.

Coed Aben Road
    Wrexham Industrial Estate
    Wrexham, Wales
    LL13 9UH

Phone: 01978 666700
    Fax: 01978 666710

If they don't have it,they should be able to direct you to someone who does,They do wear out and fail,after all,and should be available somewhere.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (1)
    Have you tried Maplins Electronics stores? They should be able to whip you up a lead fairly quickly. Just take in your transformer box and tell them that you need a new lead.