Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > General Scrapping

Notices

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (46)

Tips for my first canvas?

Hi,

I would really like to do a new baby canvas as a sampler type thing - you know like the cross stitch ones you get with baby's name, date, weight etc, and wondered if anyone could give me any advice?

Firstly, I'm not really sure how it is different from doing a paper lo - do you have to use different products/glues etc, and how is it protected?

Also, I didn't want to put a photo on it, so if anyone has any in their galleries without photo's for inspiration, I'd really appreciate a link so I can look at them.

Any help gratefully received
    tia
    Debbie

Eco CJ

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (14)
    I haven't got any pics without photos, but the pics below are from kate at Scrapcanvas of the project we did when she came to our crop... kinda like a sampler I think..

You don't necessarily need to use anything different on a canvas to a standard LO, but the advantage of a canvas is that you can use things that are much more 3D than normal, so you may need to use stronger glue...

there is no real way to protect it, so make sure you don't use anything to precious on it... but if it is to be displayed on the wall, it obviuosly shouldn't come to too much harm.. but any photos may fade as they will not be protected from UV light... HTH
    Attached Images Attached Images
    nicci
    TIP IN PAGE SWAP