I've been and gone and done it. It's been cutting less and less consistently, and today I put through an intricate die with a metal shim and a little square of card over the weak area, and there was this almighty BANG. DH took it apart and the actual metal itself has cracked through completely on both sides of the handle hole. My beloved, well-used Bug is 9 years old and owes me nothing.

But I have to replace it, and I'm coming here for advice. My work area is small, and I go to a monthly crop, which is why I liked the Cuttlebug. It folds up so its footprint is small, and it is portable. I would love a Big Shot, but unless I did a major rearrangement of my craft area, that would pretty much halve the amount of working space I have. And it would not be light-weight to transport to the crop. Ditto with the Grand Calibur I believe?

I have lots of thin dies, many of them intricate, and my Cuttlebug has never been very good at cutting them well, even with the metal shim. I don't know whether that was because it was an old V1, or if that was a symptom of its problem all along. Maybe the V2 Cuttlebug can cope with them better?

Please, amazing crafters, give me whatever advice you can?