Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > Cardmaking

Notices

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (22)

Suggestions - Birthday Cards at a Time of Grief

My FIL died very suddenly last week and both my MIL and SIL have a birthday this week. Neither want a big fuss making and we have decided to buy them Rose Sticks in memory of my FIL as a present.

Which just leaves the cards, I am having problems coming up with the right sentiment for them

Have any of you got any suggestions

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (2)
    something about growing older and wiser and appreciating those around us and remembering those who have left?
    Difficult situation. People dont want to celebrate but if it is normal to have a celebration, it feels odd to not do something. You also dont want to ignore their birthdays, as that will also feel very odd.
    Hugs to you.
    Karen

Put 'eat chocolate' on the top of your list of things to do. That way you always get 1 thing done! kitzluvzcraftz's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (9)
    How about something like 'thinking of you today on your birthday'? You are acknowledging the birthday and the fact that husband/dad isn't there to celebrate with them, but in a way that isn't OTT on birthday or sympathy sentiments. Sorry you find yourself in such a difficult situation. I hope everything works out for you. x
    cardboredkitty
    Don't put off til tomorrow what you can do today. Do it today, and if you like it - you can do it twice tomorrow!
    SWAPS I'M IN...Follow the Leader....Decorated Chipboard

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (24)
    It is a hard call - but at least they've let it be known how they would like things to be, which must be a help! I like the "thinking of you on your birthday" sentiment and don't believe you can go far wrong with (or do much better than!) that.

My father died just before my birthday which ended up being on the day between his funeral and cremation services. My family gave me the cards and presents that they would have given under normal circumstances (and took me out for the day and a lovely evening meal) and I was quite happy about doing what we would have usually done. We mourned my dad on the other two days but took time out to celebrate me on my birthday, and actually turned a very sad family occasion into one we could also remember with great pleasure - as it was one of the very few times when nearly all of us have been together for a family birthday.

Rosemary