Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > Special Forums > Cutting Machines - chat, help. templates > Cutting Machine Chat

Notices

Jill
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)

Stopping the CR then continue?

I was making a card last night and wanted to use a pen and write a greeting. I started the CR to write and part way through the writing the pen seemed not to touch the card so I stopped the CR to check if the pen was set right. It seemed to be ok so I pressed the button to restart and it came up with 'ok to start cut'. I clicked ok and it started to write again in a completely different place and ruined the file I had just cut with my last piece of that card. After cursing I was thinking shouldn't it have said 'continue'?
    Jill

My CR seems to have taken over my life!...... Well, until our new grandchild arrives in December!

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (3)
    As far as I know, once you stop the Robo it resets, I dont think there is an option to pause is there?

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (1)
    Once you stop the robo unfortunately it does not pause, it resets itself and will start cutting from the beginning and your card will be ruined. I only stop mine in an emergency (and there have been a few of those!)

Sylvia x

Dedicated Scrapper - Limited Sponsor - Fuschia's Avatar
    View Gallery

If I need to stop Robo for any reason and switch back on again I 'always' click 'No' to Continue cutting because as the others have said, it resets and starts from wherever the card it, is doesn't take your carrier sheet back to the beginning as you've discovered.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (24)
    I find it's always best to write before you do any cutting, then there's no likelihood of any card movement/slippage on the carrier sheet.

Always test the pen first to see that it is writing well before you start your work; you can adjust pressure/force if necessary just as you can for the blade. If in doubt you can also send it to write twice too by copying and pasting.

And there's only a pause option on the more complex Robo Pro, not on the little Robos, unfortunately.

Rosemary
    "The main reason people buy those machines [Craft Robos] is to cut out words and lace doily patterns for their scrapbooks."

Jill
    View Gallery

Thanks for the answers everyone!

Dozyrosy, I didn't think about altering the pressure, will remember that tip!
    Jill

My CR seems to have taken over my life!...... Well, until our new grandchild arrives in December!