Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > Special Forums > Cutting Machines - chat, help. templates > Cutting Machine Chat

Notices

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
    Dedicated Scrapper - Limited Sponsor - Fuschia's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    Its Christine Coleman, Rosemary, I have a few of her DVD's, they're very easy to follow as she goes step by step.

I see double too Rosemary, even with my specs or lenses in and the consultant I see at the hospital told me to use a bright daylight lamp for really close intricate work like that and it does help a little.

Lucille - that's great news, finding a teacher, you'll be an expert in no time 'cos from I've seen of your pergamano it is truly beautiful.

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Fuschia View Post
    Its Christine Coleman, Rosemary, I have a few of her DVD's, they're very easy to follow as she goes step by step.

I see double too Rosemary, even with my specs or lenses in and the consultant I see at the hospital told me to use a bright daylight lamp for really close intricate work like that and it does help a little.

Lucille - that's great news, finding a teacher, you'll be an expert in no time 'cos from I've seen of your pergamano it is truly beautiful.
    Have you ladies seen those lamps that have a big round magnifying lens in them and it has a daylight tube/bulb thing around the lens, it is similar to a desk lamp so you can pull it down right over your work and look down through the lens. We have one in the garage that was DHs from work, I've never used it but could see how it would be great when you can't manage with your specs. Mind you it is donkies years old, they probably have nifty things now that do the same thing. The magnification is huge and the big lens has a small lens off to one side so you can see even closer.

Thank you Anne I'm glad you liked my work, I'm still practicing my latest piece, I won't start on the real deal until I'm happy I can do the shading well enough, practice piece #4 is showing more promise than the previous.

Newbie Starter pack and cheat sheets here

Repeat after me "Google Is My Friend"

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (24)
    I tried all sort of magnifiers and lights when I was doing needlework, and had one of the magnifiers with a light around it - when I was doing close work it used to burn my hand! I also had a hang round your neck type magnifier but it and my bust used to disagree over positioning. The ones I've found best are separate magnifiers and daylight lamps on separate bendy "stalks".

I think my problem is that seeing double (in one eye) affects depth of vision I suppose it is - I can do some close-ish work OK but can't accurately/easily poke things into holes - things like parchment lace work and cross stitching are the most difficult. At one point I went from being able to stitch on fine 36 threads per inch linen to needing huge 5 holes per inch tapestry canvas - I have improved a lot since then though. I have a piece of canvas work in progress where the quality of my stitching is a record of the state of my vision over the last eight years...

Rosemary
    "The main reason people buy those machines [Craft Robos] is to cut out words and lace doily patterns for their scrapbooks."

View Gallery

I know exactly how you feel Rosemary, its very off-putting and frustrating trying to squint to see something in symetry, sometimes I have to close my right eye to be able to see one image, otherwise I see 2. I cannot look through a banister or railing, for instance, without seeing 2 images and things like binoculars are a complete no no, so close-up work is very difficult and cannot be worked on for long periods at a time.

Dedicated Scrapper valeriepalmer's Avatar
    View Gallery

I'm working on getting rid of a nasty cold, sniff, sniff. It's just decided to to go onto my chest, Oh Joy.

Looking on the bright side I should be fit and well by next week.

Val

View Gallery

Oh Val, that's not good, I do hope you feel better real soon. (((hugs)))

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (19)
    Val hope you feel better soon! whell I cleaned cr's mat and now waiting to dry...
    I love walking in the rain because no-one can see that I'm crying...

View Gallery

Val,

Where is "Vick" when you need him?

Myra

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (24)
    I hate colds, but don't very often get them any more - I get buggy virus things and sometimes awful coughs (I've got one now), but am spared those awful runny noses. I hope you feel better soon Val!

I'm being distracted today - my husband does calligraphy and left some of his books in the kitchen - there's a great Dover one full of wonderful scrolls and flourishes - I want to set to to scan and trace and get Robo to draw these with a gold pen for me.... Unfortunately I've got plenty of other things waiting for me to get on with first.

Anne, it's reassuring in a way to know someone else shares the same problems, and can get around them!

Rosemary

PS I've been trying to get my husband to download Inkscape, and look at its calligraphy options.
    "The main reason people buy those machines [Craft Robos] is to cut out words and lace doily patterns for their scrapbooks."

A Butterfly Lives For Just One Day, But Has Time Enough. CelticSkye's Avatar
    View Gallery

Nice that you share similar interests though Rosemary. I think calligraphy especially the illuminated lettering is stunning.

I have not created anything today, other than a mess!
    *~Skye~*

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

wow I have been just reading through this thread what busy people you all are.

Lucille love the permango ( not spelt right sorry) never had the patience to try it.

Linda sorry to here about your loss cancer is a dreadful thing lost most of my family to it.

I've been juggling between trying to get 120 favour boxes made and embelished & wedding cards my Niece is is getting married in July and every one is asking me to make cards great but a bit difficult when you don't want to make repeats got to make a birthday card also for a nephew who will be five and is into Ben 10 got all the ideas now just have to get down to putting it all together!!!

Need to get to grips with my french course and do my homework and finally get ready to go back to England for a long weekend next weekend to celebrate my 50th birthday with my daughter .

And most important work through the wonderful tutorials on here have only done the basic ones & haven't done much the last month or two but find they are great to refer back to to jog the old grey matter.

I love this forum but don't get much time to contribute but once the wedding bits are done willl take some pics and hopeful load them into my galery haven't yet given that a go but will try
    Sugerplum

View Gallery

wink

Good Morning Sugarplum are maybe you need to rename yourself BizzyBee, I hope you manage to get all the favours done and the wedding cards, and good luck with trying to do different ones. Enjoy your Birthday next weekend when you celebrate being 50 years young.

You must try the Interpolation Tutorial where you can make 3 different styles of card with 1 design, which could be an idea for some of the Wedding Cards!!

See you more regularly when the wedding is over and done......and enjoy it as well.

Oo Oo SugarPlum you could also do a few of these in different colours......

Scrappin' for scrappin' sake! scrappy jan's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (2)
    I love the look of decoupage but get REALLY bored with the cutting out So I'm currently trawling through my papercraft cds and converting the designs into print & cut files - should keep me out of the pub for quite some time!
    I'm also working on a 3D model of a traction engine for a wedding gift - friends are having an engine instead of the usual limo. I may have bitten off more than I can chew here!!
    Hugs
    Jan x

A Butterfly Lives For Just One Day, But Has Time Enough. CelticSkye's Avatar
    View Gallery

Well now that I am back up and running again

I am going to have a go at the vinyl graphic, hubby wants for the rear car window. Not done much vinyl before. So had better do some tests cuts and remember to flip it!

Also I will be having a bash at the May challenge.
    *~Skye~*

View Gallery

Sugarp - you are going to busy for ever by the sound of it, I hope you get everything done on time, it all sounds very exciting.

Jan - good luck with the decoupage, just remember don't get carried away stop and think how often will I want to to cut this and is it worth the effort of tracing it, I fell for that once

Skye - I've only ever done vinyl once it was numbers for the bins but it cuts like a dream and you should have a vinyl setting on your media list.

Newbie Starter pack and cheat sheets here

Repeat after me "Google Is My Friend"