Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > Special Forums > Cutting Machines - chat, help. templates > Cutting Machine Chat

Notices

Thread: stop!

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)

stop!

[FONT="Palatino Linotype"]Help needed,
    I am a new Robo user and had a problem today. My paper slipped on the backing sheet & the machine started trying to cut the design on th ebacking sheet, I couldn;t find out how to stop the machine from cutting. I suppose I have damage my blade & the backing sheet looks quite pretty!!!!
    ![/FONT]

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (24)
    Just switch it off! The off switch is also your panic button.

Cutting on the carrier sheet shouldn't necessarily cause any damage to the blade - nearly everyone has done this at least once. Part the carrier's job is actually to protect the blade from damage by keeping it away from the more unforgiving parts of the machine; and any advice you see not to mark the carrier is purely because any heavy marking indicates you're using too long a blade depth or too much pressure, which can cause problems when cutting - and not because it's a sin to damage it...

Check the blade with a magnifying glass if it appears not to be cutting properly when you next use it, and also look to ensure you've not got any scraps stuck in the holder.

Rosemary
    "The main reason people buy those machines [Craft Robos] is to cut out words and lace doily patterns for their scrapbooks."

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    Thank you will do that tonight. I am feeling a little better now. Was worried that just turning it off would cause damage.

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (1)
    Many's the time I've had to do an emergency stop with my robo for one reason or another! Don't worry about it - it's far better to do that than risk damaging your blade.
    Sylvia x
    My Blog