I understand what Phil is saying [re: fear of exchange of copyrighted material]. However, the bigger picture is to unite users of the CR/silhouette machine if graphtec wants to compete against the various other machines on the market. By dividing its own user base this way with the pitting of .gsd/.studio formats, it doesn't help graphtec with the larger picture of grabbing a bigger piece of the overall market share in the craft/home user industry [in essence - they are splintering their own user base this way]. They have to look at the whole picture. That's the message I sent to Silhouette America, and I'm repeating here for the European division.

Meanwhile, I already did my first print & cut, and I am absolutely floored and WOWED! That optical eye is UNBELIEVABLE! I didn't even calibrate [not sure if necessary], and I am already getting almost spot on results. Any difficulty would be my own inexperience with putting cutting lines around a .jpg during the trace procedure. Have to understand tracing a bit more. But this is just wonderful having EASY print & cut. This is exactly what I wanted.

I will continue questions in a different thread. Thanks again for your patience with me........

Pat