Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > Special Forums > Cutting Machines - chat, help. templates > Cutting Machine Chat

Notices

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)

mad Reading Registration Marks

I wondered if anybody had a cure for my CR 220. I think it might need glasses!

It will read on occassions (twice today) but I still have another three sheets for it to cut but will it read the reg marks???? NO!

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated as I am ready to throw it out of the window.

View Gallery

What software are you using RoboMaster which can be a bit temperamental or Studio that seems to be more forgiving?

Newbie Starter pack and cheat sheets here

Repeat after me "Google Is My Friend"

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Hi Lucille. Using RoboMaster. It read and cut one sheet then wouldn't for about two hours and numerous attempts, then decided it would cut again and did another sheet and then changed it's mind again and wouldn't do the others so ended up doing by HAND!!! It seems very temperamental. I've tried blowing dust away, moving etc etc.

View Gallery

It does seem to be a lot to do with positioning of the carrier sheet and card and of course the printer. My old printer fed the card/paper from a tray at the bottom and I never had a problem, then I got a printer where the paper is just plonked on the top and leans agains a sloping plastic bit with a guide either side and I've had problems with it. For experimenting it seems I have to only put the one piece of card or paper in and make sure it is perfectly straight. I think what was happening was the paper wasn't feeding in straight and the reg marks were just enough on the hoof on the paper that the machine couldn't read the one on it's own at the end nearest to me.

Newbie Starter pack and cheat sheets here

Repeat after me "Google Is My Friend"