Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > General Scrapping

Notices

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (24)
    Love that owl !

I think my DH would have a fit if I branched out into sewing too !
    I like to do a bit of cross stitch now and again, but I'm rubbish with a sewing machine so don't think I'll be going there just yet
    Alison

SNAP 2022 BTCR 2022

Smile and the world smiles with you, cry and you cry alone. lruk's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (16)
    That owl is lovely Jane.

I go to a patchwork and quilting class once a week and I was in dire need of a pincushion so my 7 year old grandson made me one. It is just a square but is very handy. I really should be making my own but simply never have enough time
    Linda

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    Love the owl. I don't do much sewing unless I need to but my daughter brings her repairs to me! I obviously slipped up on teaching her sewing skills! I think she just about manages buttons!! I went to a crop on Saturday and we made some amazing cards with a painting technique using chalk acrylic paints (not sure if I can mention the brand but I think some of the sponsors stock them) and different stamps. Am now trying to do this at home with my limited supply of paints and different stamps. The early cards are strictly prototypes!! Have fun, ladies. Love hearing about what you are doing.

Pat

View Gallery

those cards sound interesting. Any pics ??
    Alison

SNAP 2022 BTCR 2022

Just call me DC8!! daisychain888's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (14)
    I'm actually having fun catching up on old half-finished scrapbook pages/page kits!

I've spent the last couple of years frantically making cards for friends and family and my scrap booking got pushed further to one side especially as each year my list just seemed to get longer of people to make cards for.

Late last year I made the decision to only make cards for close family, special friends and big birthdays and told everyone (nicely) that it wasn't because I didn't love them anymore just that I didn't have time to keep up.

So, I'm having a wonderful time re-discovering my scrap booking and enjoying picking up old projects and finishing them off....does that sound selfish of me????

'people may forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel'

x Jayne x

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by alison 2 View Post
    those cards sound interesting. Any pics ??
    15-03-15_craft_2026.jpg They were designed by Emma who runs the crop. I think there are some You Tube videos of the technique but not sure if I can put them here. Anyone know?

Pat

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (17)
    I've got a real problem now... for so long I just had NO enthusiasm for crafting, but lately my mojo has been waking up. Now it's in full gear and I'm just steaming to get going: my Project Life is behind, I have started sewing (mostly crafty items so far), I have a half-finished art journal I rediscovered, I've updated my blog, and on and on. Just wish the rest of the world (book club, WI, etc.) would go away for awhile and give me TIME to play!!!!

As for my PL, I've decided to just begin with "now". One of the benefits of doing a PL album is that you can add pages later to keep it chronological.

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (11)
    I'm doing the same as you Jayne and finishing half done LOs. Some have been sitting part done for years. I'm also printing the photos for LOs where I've got some ephemera to add (I've got so many leaflets and bits, it's clogging up my space) to clear the excess bits and pieces.

Pat those cards are lovely.

Jane - I know what you mean about not enough time

just don't call me The Boss MaryAnne's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (20)
    I've been knitting and not doing a lot of paper crafting, for a variety of reasons but I had to make a card and wanted to use my stamping gear thingie and couldn't find it. I ended up making it but used something unusual and knitting related instead.

Can you see it there at the back?

View Gallery

Crafting at it's best, love it
    Chris

View Gallery

Great card.

Jane, glad you have found your mojo, I know what you mean about lack of time !

Jayne, last year I vowed not to buy any cards but make all the cards I sent. I managed it, but this year I am really struggling with my card making so have resorted to buying some again. Crafting needs to be enjoyed.
    I too have several started projects that need finishing, I think I should follow your good example and get some of them completed
    Alison

SNAP 2022 BTCR 2022