Quote Originally Posted by DJG View Post
As has been said before a lot (but not all) only come when they need help and aren't seen again till the next time help is needed. It's a shame because it used to be such a busy group.
We all said that for a long while Doreen, thank you costs nothing, and a quick reply to say "thanks and your advice/help worked, or sadly it didn't make any difference" helps others too, plus it gives a nod to the person who suggested whatever changes to make. I'm getting old now and I know I am a pest who hates change, Graphtec have taken on another cutting machine, which has a large following I think, but it is telling that the folks who have the Scan&Cut have never posted on here to the best of my knowledge, even though the forum title was expanded to include that machine. I realise firms have to diversify to survive these days but I loved it that Brian, the fount of all knowledge, was always at the other end of the Graphtec phone line and no question was too stupid or insignificant that he didn't help you - those are the days I miss, like I said I'm getting old (but not quite daft yet!). This forum was a good chat and gossip place too, help, advice, a laugh, sympathy and condolence... we didn't really know each other but we were kind of "family" in a way. Perhaps I'm being a bit over-sentimental but we've all been changed by Covid if nothing else. Anyway now I've cheered you all up I'll be off, but I do visit often just to check up .

See you folks, stay warm and safe
Andi