Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > Special Forums > Cutting Machines - chat, help. templates > Cutting Machine Chat

Notices

Hybrid View

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (2)
    Thanks Shirley for posting.

Tempting for some. If I was younger I might be tempted but I have not used my Cameo 4 for ages and still use my Cameo 3 for what I want to do.

Dedicated Card Maker - Limited Sponsor - Shirley Anne's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    Quote Originally Posted by Neries View Post
    Thanks Shirley for posting.

Tempting for some. If I was younger I might be tempted but I have not used my Cameo 4 for ages and still use my Cameo 3 for what I want to do.
    I still have my 3 as well as the 4 but haven’t used the 3 for ages so I think it’s time to sell it. I am tempted by the C5 especially for the heat/foil pens and emboss facility and I could then sell my Curio as well as they all take up space. I still sell my designs so I do use the C4 on a regular basis.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (2)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shirley Anne View Post
    I still have my 3 as well as the 4 but haven’t used the 3 for ages so I think it’s time to sell it. I am tempted by the C5 especially for the heat/foil pens and emboss facility and I could then sell my Curio as well as they all take up space. I still sell my designs so I do use the C4 on a regular basis.
    Shirley do you think the embossing will be any better than the Curio and still have mine? Along with a Scan n Cut I bought as it came with an embossing kit, but found it was no better and I much prefer my Silhouette machines.

Dedicated Card Maker - Limited Sponsor - Shirley Anne's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    Quote Originally Posted by Neries View Post
    Shirley do you think the embossing will be any better than the Curio and still have mine? Along with a Scan n Cut I bought as it came with an embossing kit, but found it was no better and I much prefer my Silhouette machines.
    Don’t know Neries as I haven’t seen an example yet. I guess it will never be as crisp as an embossing folder but it won’t need the spongy mat like the Curio so it will be interesting to see how effective it is. The other good thing is that you can use sketch pens in tool 2 again just like the Cameo 3, that’s something I really missed with the 4 not being able to sketch and cut in one operation. The foil tool looks really good too, you just pop it in tool 2 and it heats up, no extra cords but I’m guessing it won’t be cheap. The machine looks really different so I won’t rush straight in when it becomes available over here - will wait to see what my Beta Group make of it as most of them are in America so will get the machine first. I’ve never been tempted by the Scan n Cut so can’t really compare but I do have Canvas Workspace on my PC just to open my svg designs to make sure if they look right before I sell them as quite a few Scan n Cut users buy them and I think it’s really poor compared with the Silhouette software.