Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > Special Forums > Cutting Machines - chat, help. templates > Cutting Machine Chat

Notices

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)

Help with happy birthday card

I have tried to make a card with happy at the top.Drew a rectangle then placed the word happy just slightly on the line below.Selected the rectangle and the word happy, then weld.However the PPY bottom parts disappears .I want the PPY lower parts to remain.I tried grouping the rectangle and happy together again then made compound path. Then typed birthday and placed it on the rectangle slightly to the middle ,selected the whole images and rectangle again and made compound path.The word birthday was fine but happy
    was not.I don't know how do it so that some of the lower parts PPY in happy is the same as birthday(clear when you add colour to it)
    I was able to do this with snowflakes using Shirley Ann's tutorial,some how will not work with alphabets.Thanks in advance

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (25)
    Can you upload a screenshot Ruth so we can see what you mean or do you mean like below
    hb.PNG
    Last edited by DJG; 28-08-2015 at 01:55 PM.

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Hello Doreen that's what i mean, but the birthday part is typed about 1/4" below the birthday.I have a screen short but don't know
    how to get it here with this reply.Thanks. How did you do yours.I clicked insert image, from the menu but don't know what to do next.Thanks for your patience.
    Attached Images Attached Images

View Gallery

You've added it Ruth. Just follow Shirly's tutorial but type the two words seperatly and only use the happy like Shirley did for the snowflake but draw the rectangle across the part of the PPY that you want below rather than through the whole of the word then add the birthday where you have it in your screenshot....when you done that select the whole lot right click your mouse and choose make compound path. If it's for a topper you will need to use a white card to put it on for it to actually be white because what looks like white in my screenshot will actually be cut out. If you zoom in you can see in the unfilled picture the bottom of the PPY isn't actually attached to the rest of the word

Attachment 190512
    Last edited by DJG; 28-08-2015 at 09:24 PM.

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Thanks for the reply and your help.I saw the menu insert pictures, i did it but could not see the image until i clicked post reply.I must take a note of how i did it.So you can only export an image from the cameo by screen print only?I shall take note of your instruction.

View Gallery

If you have a snipping tool on your pc (W7 W8 W8.1 and W10 not sure about Vista) you can take a sinp and save it to post as an image you can't export from Studio it only saves and then it will be a Studio file and you can only upload those in the file section not here

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Thanks Doreen, what is the snipping tool.?And where would i find it please?

View Gallery

If you have one of the Widows versions I mention just type snipping tool into the search box on your pc to find it Ruth and when you've opened it pin it to the bottom taskbar then it's ready whenever you want it. Her's a link explaining how to use it http://windows.microsoft.com/en-gb/w...#1TC=windows-8

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Thanks Doreen for the snipping tool info.Did not even know the search facility was there.had to find out where the search is.Was able to export an image from
    the cameo to another programme. How did you do the first happy birthday in red please?I have tried the happy birthday using Shirley's but have to still
    work on it more as when i go cut, some letters would be cut off totally.Thanks for all your help.Learning.

View Gallery

There's probably other or even easier ways to do it but this is how I would do it Ruth. you can copy and paste the instructions so you can read them without needing to be on here
    Capture.PNG

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Thanks Doreen, i am going try this version.

View Gallery

Thanks Doreen, I have also save this as wanted to know how to do it. xx

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Here is the image i made using Doreen's tutorial above.

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

I was able to do the tutorial above and it worked. Thanks Doreen. Could not insert the image.Used snipping tool save the image,but when
    i try to bring the image here, did not work.

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Opps